X

Oxford Sports handlebar muffs. WOW!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxford Sports handlebar muffs. WOW!

Got the muffs in the mail today and I gotta say they are much sturdier than I expected. A very high-quality product. I don't think I'll have any issues with cold hands, EVER again. Especially once I install the heated grips!!

The muffs are 100% waterproof, windproof, and insulated to boot. They don't get in the way of the controls at all. I'll update when it gets cold enough again to actually run with them. Shouldn't be too far away.

Oh, and the Valentine One is sorta installed. Mounted up last-minute because I don't have time to do a really awesome install before my trip in the morning.

I've been thinking about these for a little while now but I was wondering how much room is in there. The only ones I've seen up close, not this brand, looked pretty snug. Could I still wear my full gauntlets or do you need to wear a lighter weight glove?

Comment

watch that rear turn signal
      ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

That's a little overboard for me...

Comment

Originally posted by MadMaxEsq View Post
          I've been thinking about these for a little while now but I was wondering how much room is in there. The only ones I've seen up close, not this brand, looked pretty snug. Could I still wear my full gauntlets or do you need to wear a lighter weight glove?

You can still wear gauntlets, there is plenty of room in there. At $60 shipped, they were much cheaper than heated gloves, and I believe they'll be far more effective in combination with heated grips. I've read threads with guys using these muffs or similar, and heated grips with summer weight gloves down into the thirties, and having toasty warm hands.

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
          watch that rear turn signal
          Yeah, the bags rest on the signals, but since I cut-down the fender, the assembly is pretty flexy. I'm not really worried about that at all.

Originally posted by Theric View Post
          That's a little overboard for me...
          Yeah, I know some people will think that and that's okay. Personally, I don't think it looks bad at all, and I got the muffs and heated grips for less $$ than a set of heated gloves. I think it is a far superior solution anyway, even if the gloves cost the same. That is me though.

Comment

Where'd you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by MadMaxEsq View Post
              Where'd you get them?

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Those are for snowmobiles not bikes that live in Vegas.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                    You can still wear gauntlets, there is plenty of room in there. At $60 shipped, they were much cheaper than heated gloves, and I believe they'll be far more effective in combination with heated grips. I've read threads with guys using these muffs or similar, and heated grips with summer weight gloves down into the thirties, and having toasty warm hands.
                    I have summer weight leather gloves I wear pretty much all year , and heated grips , and my hands stay warm enough down into the thirties . It's just those long highway rides in the lower thirties or colder , and that last more than an hour .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                      I have summer weight leather gloves I wear pretty much all year , and heated grips , and my hands stay warm enough down into the thirties . It's just those long highway rides in the lower thirties or colder , and that last more than an hour .

Look, I posted this up to share with those that may be interested. If you are superman and can wear summer gloves on the freeway in 30 degree weather, that's great for you. If you aren't interested in what I've shared, there's no real reason for you to chime in with your criticizm.

It's amazing how many people jump in to criticize. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

And Dave, those muffs are for motorcycles. They use them for snowmobiles as well. Temps get into the mid-twenties every winter here in Vegas, sometimes lower. I commute a good thirty minutes on the freeway at 3am. My hands get cold in 40 degree weather wearing gore-tex. I prefer to not be entirely uncomfortable while riding.

Comment

i have a pair as well
                        watch them though... at highway speeds the wind drag is enough to pull in the clutch and brake levers. I ended up making a bracket for each bar out of light aluminum to prevent the muffs from applying the brake and clutch.

98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                          Look, I posted this up to share with those that may be interested. If you are superman and can wear summer gloves on the freeway in 30 degree weather, that's great for you. If you aren't interested in what I've shared, there's no real reason for you to chime in with your criticizm.

It's amazing how many people jump in to criticize. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
                          Holy sh1T dude , mellow out . I wasn't criticizing ,just making a point about heated grips . I am WELL below superhuman . Hell , I got girly hands that are stiff right now sitting in the basement where it's in the low60's .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

sweet guards and good tip hardley
                            voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                            82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                            83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

I have ridden with similar on previous bikes, Hippo Hands

They do a great job keeping hands warm for long distance, but if you ride fast enough, the wind resistance could activate your brake lights or even move your clutch lever and let the clutch slip.. at a stop, it takes some practice to get in and out of them to open the visor or scratch my nose.

Comment

Working...
                              X