X
X

New pics of the mutant...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you using ABS plastic welding rod? Doing it well takes time and practice and I'm glad your working on scraps before moving onto anything important.

I usually take the piece I want to add from the front and then completely weld the backside first. If you only do one side, it probably wont be as strong as it should be.

Make sure you move slow enough to heat both piece and mesh them together as your pushing some of the ABS rod into your weld. By the time your done and you let the weld cool, you should be able to sand down any high spots and not need any body filler at all.

As for the subframe, thats a completely different story! I spent alot of time decided how to frabricate the setup I'm using and it's not an easy mod. Because katana seats are for touring they are a bit lower than alot of sportbike seats. Ultimately, that translates into the upper subframe rail on your kat frame turning into the lower molunting point of the subframe you want to use.

So where them does the upper mounting point of your new subframe mount to? Basically, I created a new mount the ties into the frame crossbrace above the sparkplugs. All the stock tank mounting frame,battery box etc are gone and my new mount has taken it's place (thouhg not an issue since my battery now mounts in the rc51 tail). Also if you cut the lower frame rails, be prepared to weld in lugs into your frame so you can attach some sort of rearset, etc. I dont think I've ever actually taken any photos of the new bracing itself but if I get a chance this weekend, I'll try and post up some photos.

Comment

thank for the info.....i was thinking of weldiing in two braackets ontop of the katana subframe and running bolts through them into the bolt holes of the new subframe........i wont know for sure how any thing is going to work or look until i get the R6 subframe tho......wanna come visit and help me out sometime waltari LOL also how hard was it to do the swing arm?
      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

holy crizap dats da slickest chit ive eva scene!!! nice work !
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
        X