X

Phoenix's 88

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix's 88

Hello all, I have just about finished with my bike, All I have left is to paint the swing arm but I am saving that for winter. I have been working on the bike & using it as my communter plus some weekend rips through the Southern IN countryside.

I took into account that it is an 88 and all of the changes can be made back to stock on a good (long) weekend.Except for the paint but hey it is primer. I also took pics of every project I did just for the heck of it. They are here --> http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z118/scotty4404/ I didn't want to bog down the site with a bunch os stuff people maynot want to see.

Day 1:

Today

-Scott
    '88 Katana 600
    sigpic

I love the bar end mirror ... don't know if you can see right in them but it sure does remove the "Mickey Mouse" look the original mirrors give !!!
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by GSkyX-R1000 View Post
      I love the bar end mirror ... don't know if you can see right in them but it sure does remove the "Mickey Mouse" look the original mirrors give !!!
      with the stocker all I could see was my elbows; the barends work much better, it took some getting use to but I like 'em now...

The worse part was finding a new place to hang my helmet.
      Last edited by Phoenix; 09-26-2008, 01:12 PM.
      -Scott
      '88 Katana 600
      sigpic

Comment

That is a HUGE improvement. Good work.

Comment

Looks nice. I like the primer look.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

hey can you tell me what is the size of your rear tire ! its look wider than a stock one and its look nice !

Comment

Originally posted by mathsmart View Post
              hey can you tell me what is the size of your rear tire ! its look wider than a stock one and its look nice !
              it is a 160-60-17 on a 95 Kat rim... It fits (just barely) but it fits in there...

Oh yeah, did you all see the clip-on flip? (an old cafe' racer trick) I put the clip-ons on the underneath side of the triple clamp. It lowers your hands about 2-3" and leans you forward like a modern sportbike. Just had to turn the throttle forward a little for the throttle cable to clear.

Before:

After:
              Last edited by Phoenix; 09-27-2008, 07:51 PM.
              -Scott
              '88 Katana 600
              sigpic

Comment

can you send me a pic of the gap of the tire and swing arm I really like the look of your bike with this tire ! so aparently its not safe to go up to a 150 mine is a 140/80r17 and its look like ....

I would like to know the brand of your tires too ! thanks a lot buddy
                Last edited by mathsmart; 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

can you send me a pic of the gap of the tire and swing arm I really like the look of your bike with this tire ! so aparently its not safe to go up to a 150 mine is a 140/80r17 and its look like ....

I got the pics taken yesterday, I'll get them up later today.

The tires are Michenlin Pilot Roads.
                  -Scott
                  '88 Katana 600
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the lenthy delay I though tI posted this & then I just remembered to check & see if I actually did
                    Gap between the swing arm & tire (That is an American quarter for size reference) The swing arm is ok it is the brake arm that is so close

Chain side
                    -Scott
                    '88 Katana 600
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X