No announcement yet.
X

swapped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: What's the difference between a rat bike and a bobber?

A: On a bobber, a bloke decides what parts to take off. On a rat bike, the parts decide for themselves.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
      Geez man......that looks like something right out of those Mad Max movies with Mel Gibson. That's one scarey Kat!!!
      sigpic
      1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

I assume they have no vehicle inspection there? ..Lookin at it makes me think my cracked fairing dont look so bad..
        1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
        2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
        sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
        Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
        A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

What ? I don't see a problem with it .
          Hey , you'd be surprised at how crappy a thing can look and still be safe/legal . I happen to get a kick out of ratbikes . In fact , the old Honda in my garage will one day be a ratter . Once I figure out why it won't go faster than 60mph ....
          Ratbike : A bike kept in running condition for as little money as possible , and maintained just enough to keep it thus . Also , liberal application of flat black paint . Bikes that are meant to be RIDDEN and looked at as tools , other than toys .
          This is just MY definition , though .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

our inspections are called mot's over here, everything works on it so they had to pass it, good joke stevie B
            the future's dark, the future's matt black

Comment

Got any updated pictures 7thirfty?
              -2000 "750"

Comment

ive just painted it this morning now its all working ok, looks brand new now, lol

Comment

What happened to the welding helmet? That was a nice touch.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

How's that thing go with the 1200 engine in it??

Comment

the welding mask wont fit over this light, i'll be getting a smaller light but ive got an old simpson helmet that i'm going to offer up and see what it looks like, how does it go with a the 1200 in? better than when it had a 750 engine, rear tyre makes it interesting in the wet and it would kick my srad 600's *** in a straight line now

Comment

Originally posted by 7thrifty View Post
                        looks brand new now, lol
                        Sure does!

You must get a lot of dirty looks flying around on that thing! Where did that header come from?
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

mad max wants his bike back!

I bet it goes like stink now!!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            Where did that header come from?
                            the exhaust is a motad nexxus one, the end can is one of 2 kerker end cans i have from my old GPZ

Comment

Originally posted by 7thrifty View Post
                              the exhaust is a motad nexxus one, the end can is one of 2 kerker end cans i have from my old GPZ
                              Hmm, we must not have those exhausts on this side of the pond. I was just wondering because those primaries are loooooooooong!
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Uh oh its got k@n filters to...
                                I like it..

Comment

Working...
                                X