• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding the Dragon

This guy is riding the Dragon -

wow [hail]

Multiple repost, but always a good one.

And it proves a point, too.....
    To everybody getting their first bike, and claiming they will "outgrow" a Ninja 250, or a GS500 within a month.......

If you really believe that you could pass that guy on his Goldwing, then maybe you can move up to a faster bike. Until then, work on your riding!
    Last edited by loudnlow7484; 07-02-2008, 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Some of the best riders I've ever met were old dudes on 'Wings. They can really eat up some miles.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice vid.
        Now time for me to pick it apart.
        The Gold wing had some impressive lines throughout the entire length of the film. which makes a point of knowing what your bike can do and how you can throw it into corners.

The Camera bike, on the other hand, he needs some help. I lost count how many times in this film that on all the left hand turns that he had his head over the double yellow line. The Dragon is a two lane road, with very little room for error. you see a full size truck oncoming during the vid. what if the camera man had his head over the double yellow line while in a blind corner. Bingo he would be picking his helmet out of the left headlight of that truck.

Good video of how to ride the Dragon from the Goldwing POV
        Bad Video of how to ride the Dragon from the Camera POV

Comment

Reminds me of me Most Irish roads are like that...with potholes BTW check out Irish road racing or Isle of Man TT on Utube for on board action
          You'd Love It

Comment

Very impressive!!!
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StarBoy View Post
              Reminds me of me Most Irish roads are like that...with potholes BTW check out Irish road racing or Isle of Man TT on Utube for on board action

I did.
              You guys are nuts!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                I did.
                You guys are nuts!
                It helps! Skerries 100 comming up this weekend...200mph on country roads...
                You'd Love It

Comment

Working...
                X