X

First (long) post for my '89 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First (long) post for my '89 600

So I have been reading threads on here for a while and responding to a few, all the while pondering when I would get to my '89 600.

I bought last September for $900. It hadn't run in two years, so I knew I was in for a challenge, this being my first bike and bike repair. I bought a new battery in September and had it running for a few seconds then it died. I then took the carbs into work and cleaned them and then put them back on the bike and didn't touch it after that.

In January a second bike came into my garage and I rebuilt the top end on that bike for a co worker and it ran great and left my garage a few weeks ago. I got paid for that and then I was roaring to get to my bike. Ordered some parts from Cyberpoet (thank you again), new rear turn signals from ebay and got to wrenching.

As of today it is running somewhat smoothly. Reading other threads I could never understand the term "Singer Sewing Machine" had to do with the bike, but I do now. Valve adjustment on tap next weekend. Now to take the MSF course here at the local community college and get on the road. I want to thank everyone, the amount of knowledge on this site is amazing and the helpful hints are outstanding.

So here are a few pics.

Thanks
    Scott
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I like what you did with the front fairing..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      yeah...it looks great!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Thanks. I didn't want a completely naked bike, so I just played with painters tape on the fairing for two or three days to get the right look I wanted.
        Plus the plastics weren't in that great of shape, so instead of paying a lot to get them fixed, I came up with my own look.
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I haven't figured out if I like it yet.

Comment

Sweet pre kat - I like it ,have fun and be safe man
            BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

Good looking bike.
              Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
              Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                +1

lines resemble SV650S
                Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

Working...
                X