Reflective Wheel Tape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflective Wheel Tape

What's up everyone,

I have the blue and white 2006 Kat 600. I was thinking about putting the blue reflective tape around the black rims. Anyone do this on a bike like mine? If so, can you place a pic out here so i can see what it looks like? I can't picture it. I saw a Yellow Kat with the yellow tape and it was real nice. Also, what would you think about the white tape on my blue and white kat. Thoughts on that?

Thanks
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

“What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

I been thinking about getting this. Anyone got any pics and how wide??
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

I need to get some of that.

Comment

How do you put it on? Is there a guide or fixture of some type? I am fussy and It would drive me nuts if it was not perfect...
          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
          http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post
            How do you put it on? Is there a guide or fixture of some type? I am fussy and It would drive me nuts if it was not perfect...
            I'm with you there.....MINE ARE CROOKED TO HELL AND IT ****ES ME TO NO END TO SEE SOMEONE WITH THEIR STRIPES LAID PERFECTLY.

There are several different brands out there. Most fo the ones that I've seen are tape only. My current tape is from GL, see the link from Rush. It comes pre-curved for the wheel which is supposed to make applying it easier (mine are a hot mess...would have been much easier with stands). I'd say their's are about 1/4" inch wide, maybe smaller.

I have also tried the ones from www.tapeworks.com. These come on a roll and are a b**** to put on if you don't have steady hands and bike stands. Just guessing, I'd say the ones from tapeworks are about 5/8" They are a little wider than GL's, and to be honest with you I think Tapeworks uses a better quality tape. But man are they expensive.

There is a company that does tape that includes an applicator tool. I don't have the link with me. But check with KatPR and Blazer: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=82969 one of them used the product I'm talking about.

600kat, either the blue or white would work on your bike. Someone here with the same color combo laid down blue. My bad, I can't recall who it is. Check the old Kat of the month thread. I wanna say whomever it is had their bike nominated.....maybe :
            Last edited by FASHER; 05-30-2008, 03:20 PM.
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Thanks for the info!! I'll more than likely go with the blue. I don't know about the steady hand, but it's not that expensive and i hope it removes easily. I'll post some pics when i get it set up.

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
              I'm with you there.....MINE ARE CROOKED TO HELL AND IT ****ES ME TO NO END TO SEE SOMEONE WITH THEIR STRIPES LAID PERFECTLY.

There are several different brands out there. Most fo the ones that I've seen are tape only. My current tape is from GL, see the link from Rush. It comes pre-curved for the wheel which is supposed to make applying it easier (mine are a hot mess...would have been much easier with stands). I'd say their's are about 1/4" inch wide, maybe smaller.

I have also tried the ones from www.tapeworks.com. These come on a roll and are a b**** to put on if you don't have steady hands and bike stands. Just guessing, I'd say the ones from tapeworks are about 5/8" They are a little wider than GL's, and to be honest with you I think Tapeworks uses a better quality tape. But man are they expensive.

There is a company that does tape that includes an applicator tool. I don't have the link with me. But check with KatPR and Blazer: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=82969 one of them used the product I'm talking about.

600kat, either the blue or white would work on your bike. Someone here with the same color combo laid down blue. My bad, I can't recall who it is. Check the old Kat of the month thread. I wanna say whomever it is had their bike nominated.....maybe :
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I have an 05 blue n white and my white stripes are comming tomorrow.... i'll post pics tomorrow night so u can see. i got them from tapewerks
                2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

So they went on ok i guess.. I messed up a little bit but overall they're ok. I'll have to redo one of the wheels cause i'm picky. These are from my phone so they may not be super clear. My only thing about the tapewerks stuff is you have to cut the strips apart and thats a pain.

My advice if you do it your self is use the inside edge of the lip of the rim as a guideline, not the outside like they say. Also put the tape on on the bottom of the rim while laying on th ground. It will steady you hands and give you a constant eye level view.
                  2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Did you use the one that came in 4 pieces for each side?

Comment

no it's one piece but it stretches nicely. You can cut this stuff if you want

Comment

the white looks good. I wasnt sure how it was going to look since the bike is mostly blue, but i like it. I may try the blue and see how it looks cause i haven't seen that yet, but nice job.
                        Godspeed
                        CSBA #1167

Comment

i wanted to get blue but the only reason i didnt was because i didnt think it would stick out well on the black rims.

Comment

looks good . i got some tape from glsigns too. it was easy to put on.
                            BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

just picked up my blue tape from ironpony today. hope to have it installed and looking good by the end of the weekend. Wish me luck and a steady hand.:mrgreen:
                              Godspeed
                              CSBA #1167

Comment

Working...
                              X