X

Japan and the art of Sakura

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan and the art of Sakura

Well... It is spring here in Japan and that means Sakura time. It is a national past time for the Japanese to camp out with a tarp and close buddies/work mates and watch the sakura (cherry blossoms). The prime object of this sport is to watch the beautuful flowers, eat good food and get loaded in the middle of the day. It is also a great time to have a gokon (a party where you take a bunch of buddies and then meet a bunch of girls and decide to start mingling)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WyredHardware; 04-08-2008, 01:18 AM.

Originally posted by WyredHardware View Post
    Well... It is spring here in Japan and that means Sakura time. It is a national past time for the Japanese to camp out with a tarp and close buddies/work mates and watch the sakura (cherry blossoms). The prime object of this sport is to watch the beautuful flowers, eat good food and get loaded in the middle of the day. It is also a great time to have a gokon (a party where you take a bunch of buddies and then meet a bunch of girls and decide to start mingling)
    Where are you? I use to live at Tachikawa AFB then when it closed we moved to Yokota AFB. Living in Japan was a blast.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Comment

Would have killed for orders to Yokota when I was in the AF... such a beautiful, and strange, country. Still want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKACIDEVIL View Post
        Where are you? I use to live at Tachikawa ...

I'm in a suburb of Osaka. Still close enough to be on the subway line though

Comment

I'm really hoping to get stationed in Japan while I'm in the Navy. Everyone tells me how amazing it is there

Comment

I was way up north (Misawa).
            Very beautiful place.

Comment

i'm going to be going to okinawa next year! looks cool =) there used to be a cherry blossum in my old neighbordhood.
              1995 SUZUKI 600 My PURPLE BEAST =)

My build and progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by thomasman View Post
                i'm going to be going to okinawa next year! looks cool =) there used to be a cherry blossum in my old neighbordhood.

Okinawa is dam hot and not at all like the rest of the country, LOL. been there twice though. It has some amazing diving!

Comment

Working...
                X