X

Helmetcam arrived... w/pics/video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmetcam arrived... w/pics/video

I've always wanted to make som bike-videos like the ones you see on youtube. (not the ones where they crash).
    I've experimented with my camera, and how to mount it on my helmet, or somewhere on the bike.

Well... This picture speaks for itself. (it's a wide angle lens on the camera)

So, i went on ebay and found a nice litlle bulletcam/helmetcam. $220 including shipping to Denmark.

And today the camera finally arrived!!

Just unpacked it... The foam inside was not cut out.

Did some cutting, and placed the relevant mounts/cables in the suitcase so it's ready to go for future use.

I was itching to try it... Only problem is... Snow! So i did a quick install on my scooter (no laughs please, it's nice to have in the winter).

The video starts at my local grocery store, i had to do some shopping... Took my about 2 minutes to hook up to the DV camera in my backpack,
    and mount on the handlebars. The mic included is REALLY sensitive, so i placed it inside my backpack, that's why i might sound funny at times... I need some kind of muffler for it.

[youtube]qNLTLYn6jjo[/youtube]

Youtube recompresses the video after i compressed it to divx for use on the net... With that in mind, it's fairly good quality...
    I think it will be better when the sun is shining, and i use some time on premiere pro and encode it properly.

Fogged up really quick, but it will be much better when it is warm enough. Nice vid!
    Rememer to look both ways, though!
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

not fog... snow...

Comment

that's pretty cool. you could really have some fun with it.
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

That's really cool.... what does it record to?
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Looks like you'll have alot of bike vids in the near future. Takes a pretty good video.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              That's really cool.... what does it record to?
              It records to a MiniDV camera in my backpack.

Comment

That is really slick I will keep an eye out for your new videos.
                American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Nice vid. lookin forward to more.
                  Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

that's really cool

i dig your bike lanes there! even has its own traffic lights!
                    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                      that's really cool

i dig your bike lanes there! even has its own traffic lights!
                      yes they are pretty nice. on my scooter it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to work.

on the katana, it takes about 20-25 minutes because of the heavy traffic.

Comment

That is a sick sounding KAT and you never did shift. Just Kidding; you can actually see the snow.

Comment

Working...
                        X