X

How safe is your bike????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How safe is your bike????

Superb film made by www.iq18films.co.uk exposing how utterly dire Sold Secure and Thatcham are at testing chains. We can chop them in under a minute, why ca...

Watch this before even thinking about buying a chain lock.... quite scary actually.

ouch.. good thing i don't go for a nice shopping run when I am out. Bust the lock and hoist the bike into the back of a truck and drive off... 2 mins total?

Comment

All this really does is reenforce what we already know; if someone wants to steal your bike, they are going to get it.

Comment

and the sad thing is... they have to use minimal effort to get it

Comment

wowwwwwwwww I have one of locks in the clip
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by WyredHardware View Post
            and the sad thing is... they have to use minimal effort to get it
            Minimal effort, but how hard is it to hide a chain cutter that size? With a smaller size chain cutter, which is MUCH easier to conceal, it won't be nearly as easy. They had leverage with that monster. At a mall or some other place, they're going to have to cover the guy doing the cutting, and that will draw attention as well.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

I'm insured, come get it.
              Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
              '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
              '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
              '11 Kawasaki KLR650
              I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post

The bike actually blue books for more than I paid, so they can have it if they want it that bad.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post

Yup...

I'll say this:
                  The Brits take this kind of thing very seriously. I have yet to see a test like this on the US while the Brit mags do them all the time.

Comment

Anyone what to buy a Magnum D lock? He opened it with a pen
                    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

I found myself flexing when they bounced down on the cutter. Anyone else??
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                        I found myself flexing when they bounced down on the cutter. Anyone else??
                        I'm with you, I was waiting for one of them to smash thier fists into the ground.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

i wonder how long it would take an 18 or 24 volt cordless angle grinder with a diamond blade ($12 blade) to go thru the chain. i know with a corded angle grinder and a cheap metal cutting blade it took me less than a minute to cut one side of a heavy duty chain link, and wedge the cut open enough to slip off the next link
                          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Only problem with angle grinder is its kinda loud and might draw attention. Just a thought. Of course some crooks don't have all their lights on upstairs.
                            Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                              Only problem with angle grinder is its kinda loud and might draw attention. Just a thought. Of course some crooks don't have all their lights on upstairs.
                              all that gruting, crunching, thumping, and chain rattlin wasnt exactly quiet either. besides, we're talkin under a minute here anyhow
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                              X