X

pics of my gixxr project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my gixxr project

i put on the new front forks off a 1000 . put on some odds and ends. now waiting for new subframe and exhaust

Should have gone with the forks off of a 750, made by Showa. Better construction for that style and cheaper than the 1k forks. Also better brake calipers. Just my $.02.
    Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

well the shocks does say showa . maybe the guy I bought them from was wrong. I paid $120 for the complete front end, tire, brakes, clipons. O by the way I only paid 650 for the bike.:mrgreen:

Comment

you have less money into the gixer than I do my katana with hayabusa suspension
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by racedraper View Post
          well the shocks does say showa . maybe the guy I bought them from was wrong. I paid $120 for the complete front end, tire, brakes, clipons. O by the way I only paid 650 for the bike.:mrgreen:
          I don't know, but I hate you.

Originally posted by Madman
          Should have gone with the forks off of a 750, made by Showa. Better construction for that style and cheaper than the 1k forks. Also better brake calipers. Just my $.02.
          Gotta love getting good GSXR advice on a Katana Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
            I don't know, but I hate you.

Gotta love getting good GSXR advice on a Katana Forum

Well anything is better than gixxer.com. that place is squid heaven.
            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
            6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
            5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
            X