No announcement yet.
X

Buy american made!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contrair to the canada dcx....chrysler is no more with mitsubishi, and the parts are just assembled in canada. between: kenosha, wi, belvidere, ill, and off course, detroit, mi....chysler is 100%american now, well despite the fact that d. benz has any say so.....you can tell the cars that are true american compared to the d. benz persueded ones...(hence the crossfire, 300c,minus the hemi, and a couple more concepts.....sorry touchy subject for me

mopar or no car.......sorry i have a passion for the neon ACR (have owned 6 of them)

Comment

"how it is made" Is a Canadian show...thats why everything the make is Canadian (Montreal area)

really informative....

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/shows...s.aspx?sid=342
      Last edited by Range; 02-10-2008, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
        It really doesn't matter if it's made in America or not. Bottom line Harley is an AMERICAN company. AMERICA get the money. Like Toyota, they are made here, but Japan gets the money.
        If honda builds a plant in the US, america gets the 40k-60k a year per employee and taxes. And as for the money going to japan i dont think so, at least not lately. They are reinvesting it into america.

Ford gets to still build plants overseas all over the world and still get called an american company. Bah, once you leave your own borders you lose that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
          I was driving behind a guy the other day that had a "be green buy locally made products" bumper sticker on the back of his BMW....jackass
          What BMW was it? If it was a Z3, Z4, X5 or X3 then it was us made..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

mopar or no car.......sorry i have a passion for the neon ACR (have owned 6 of them)[/quote]

if it was jap. made you would only had to own 1...
            the honda is my next car. they will run you forever....
            02 Suzuki Katana 750
            05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I have an F150....Woobie built it himself...Thanks bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                What's the problem . He needs something reliable when his hog breaks down
                Not a problem. He was just dogging me little for having a Honda and a Suzuki and I found it funny that his car was a Suzuki.
                My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

Don't you love it when people don't practice what they preach?

Comment

The Armor of God - Never leave home without it!

Comment

It really doesn't matter if it's made in America or not. Bottom line Harley is an AMERICAN company. AMERICA get the money. Like Toyota, they are made here, but Japan gets the money.
                      Actually, HD is a publicly traded company, so technically the profits go to whomever owns the stocks. Same for Toyota.

While lots of final assembly happens in the US, very little of the manufacturing takes place here.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

BS.. Walmart is American and most of the $$ you spend there goes to China..
                        At least the Japanese buy our planes.. China is building missiles with your Walmart dollar!! Whoo hoo!

Honda employs 25,000 American workers to Ford's 60,000, Ford sold 160,000 cars in January 07 while Honda a about half that. While the ratio of workers to cars is not the same it's pretty dang close. **** on Honda because they take their profits to Japan.. But don't do it near the 25,000 workers in and around Ohio.. What money are YOU getting from H-D sunshine? Zip..

Oh and guess what? They're going down the pooper again!

Comment

If he's planning on doing any touring, shouldn't he have a truck with a trailer??
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

My 97 Yota Tacoma was built in California. =)
                            2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
                            Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
                            2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

I'm just surprised that guy hasn't had the crap kicked out of him for that rear window sticker.

I would have thought some Harley riding biker person who makes 35 bucks an hour tightening bolts at a manufacturing facility would have whipped on him with lead pipe or something.

Now to be serious. Globalization has it's dark side too. In Mexico for instance, you could lose half your workforce at the drop of a hat because some the factory across the street is paying them 20 cents more per hour.

The labor could be cheap, but it's not near the quality the North American markets expect. We have 1 plant in Mexico. I've dealt with these situations first hand.

Besides all that, Purchase Order due dates are merely suggestions in these cultures it seems. You could write a PO that has a 4 week lead time, make it due in 3 months and finally get it in 6 months.

.. Okay.. Rant over.
                              The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by GenericEric View Post
                                I would have thought some Harley riding biker person who makes 35 bucks an hour tightening bolts at a manufacturing facility would have whipped on him with lead pipe or something.
                                You mean the guys who probably don't even have motorcycle licenses and just like the good pay, easy work and decent benefits?

I don't know a single "Harley" rider who would buy a new Harley. They're not what they want in a bike. Anything post about mid 70's isn't worth thier time or money.
                                97 GSX600F
                                76 CB750F
                                71 CB175

Comment

Working...
                                X