X

New Exhaust !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust !!

Well I finished up a side project that netted some extra side cash, so I bought the bike something. I picked up a RS3 stainless dual setup for a great price(thanks parts411.com). I was going to go carbon, but didn't like some of the reviews(mostly about maintaining), thought about titanium, but figured I could get my exhaust and a pc3 for the price of the titanium setup. So i settled on ss and can't be happier.

Here is a video with and without the baffles(really doesn't do it justice, much louder in person)

With Baffle
    Click here to watch RS3-with-baffle

Without baffle
    Click here to watch RS3-without-baffle

I am pleased with the exhaust, exceptional fit and finish, easy installation, but the alignment was little hard, got it acceptable, but still little off. Best part with and without the baffle cruising down the highway no louder than stock, except when you get on it!!

oh i got to much timing belt whine in there. bike is known for having an almost electric sound. I'll get some more sounds when i have a helper. next step is to do a PAIR block off to stop some little decel popping.
    Last edited by BarMatt80; 02-03-2008, 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

They look and sound fantastic!!!
    Kyle

Comment

wery cool.
      But what is mean baffle?
      www.lunatic.pdj.ru
      www.mvm-moto.ru
      www.airbrush.nm.ru

Comment

thanks guy! i love it, might actually run the baffles full time then when i feel the urge for more sound take them out. Got to do something with the stock heat shields to make them match.

Lunatic, the second picture down had the baffle out, the last one had the baffles in. All you do is take the 3 screws off the end of the exhaust and pull it out(below are some pictures of the baffle). Basically it is something that makes the exit smaller and quieter.

Here is the exhaust without the baffle and end cap removed

Here is the baffle

And the end plate(looking at the back)

the end of the exhaust has no real tip on it like traditional exhausts, at first I didn't like it, but i like it more now. Also i like it because of the functionality of it, however I do think yoshimura could have put a tip on there anyways. The longer tip would help with the exhaust smell that some smell from this bike.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I have a Yosh pipe on my Katana and love the sound. Can't remember if I read it here or in a magazine but think it said that there's a vacuum in the area where undertail exhausts are at and that's what keeps the exhaust smell in your clothing.
          SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
          Honda 919 Rider

Comment

very nice man looks good

Comment

Originally posted by smittyrock View Post
              I have a Yosh pipe on my Katana and love the sound. Can't remember if I read it here or in a magazine but think it said that there's a vacuum in the area where undertail exhausts are at and that's what keeps the exhaust smell in your clothing.
              you got it smitty. the rider and bike creates a low pressure zone which allows the air just to swirl around thus making the rider smell like exhaust. Longer tips would help get the exhaust out further. I smell it after a hot day of riding, of over 3 or 4 hours, even then it isn't that bad. Bike is rich from the factory, so a pc3 will lean it out to help. Some say going to a cbr900 single exhaust totally prevents it, but i am glad i kept the duals. The bike is unique alone, but the duals add to it!

Comment

That is pretty crazy looking, cool stuff.

Comment

I just put a D&D can on my Katana and it actually sounds like a sport bike now not a moped!

Comment

Originally posted by scaryfast777 View Post
                    I just put a D&D can on my Katana and it actually sounds like a sport bike now not a moped!
                    i agree, road again today and really like it. i put the baffles back in till summer time. the d&d has always been to loud for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X