X

How to Spraypaint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Spraypaint

Whilst searching on the net for details on paint spraying techniques/tips/tools, I came across this and wanted to share my amazement:

Its long but, imo, worth the watch.
    Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Rattle can magic!!

Thanks for sharing, Very cool!

Comment

Very Cool!!

Comment

thats insane, i watched a few of those, that guy is amazing
        2002 GSX-R750
        2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

now all we need him to do is start working on bikes .. id like to see him with a main fairing to play with
          so many roads so little time

Comment

On our honeymoon we watched a guy doing that in cancun!!! Very very cool!!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow! I thought I did good not getting runs in my paint!
              What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

There was a guy just like that when I was at FSU in 97. He came out every few weeks to the bazaar and did those for like $15 a piece. Nifty work to watch and trippy stuff at home though they really need to be framed to look decent.

This gives me ideas for the upcoming paint job but finding a guy like that would be a massive undertaking. Getting him the proper stuff and my fairings would be even harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                  This gives me ideas for the upcoming paint job but finding a guy like that would be a massive undertaking. Getting him the proper stuff and my fairings would be even harder.
                  I doubt that could be done on a bike due to the curvature of the fairings, the paint would run as it is so thick by the time he has finished and still wet as can be seen by the 'scraping off' technique employed near the end. However I think some ideas could be modified, like the newspaper 'rag rolling' technique.

Could produce some wicked effects though.

Originally posted by fsand03 View Post
                  Wow! I thought I did good not getting runs in my paint!
                  I suspect the reason it doesn't run is that he is doing it on a flat horizontal surface.
                  Last edited by grumpyoldgit; 11-27-2007, 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

I've seen it done before at art festivals, It's quite an art form.
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

thats sick as ****, the dude that painted on pbs(bob ross?)
                      doesnt have **** on this dude

Comment

Working...
                      X