X

First Poker Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Poker Run

Well I know that a poker run isnt usually a sport bike event but several co-workers organized a ride to benfit a fellow co-worker that has many health problems that have forced her to quit work. I decided that I should go. Me, my wife and a friend loaded up Saturday morning, temp was around 40 degrees. We ended up being the only 3 sportbikes there (which I expected). We new several of the harley riders from work but things got interesting when 6-8 members of the Outlaws showed up. All in all it was a great experience. It was cool to have tattooed, toothless hard core bikers checking out our bikes. The ride was beautiful, through the mountains of TN, North GA and North AL. Here's a couple pics of the out of place sport bikes. My SV, the wife's FZ and Tonys Z1000.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

I went on a ride like that a month or so ago, about 12 bikes and I was the only sport bike but it was still a lot of fun. We need to try and ride sometime, I am in Swee****er.
    25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

been on a few in Ky

I have been on a few here in central Ky. All for childrens charities but like yours, I was one of a few or the only sport bike in the middle of a bunch of harleys or harley wanna be's. You do feel out of place a first. Really out of place if you only know a few other people. I have only came in contact with one real jerk. Who come to find out only had a distaste for sport bikes because his wife really really wanted one. lol But the other funny parts to this story is after he said that my little crotch rocket couldnt keep up. I did in fact beat him in a race and then reminded him that his vulcan was probably made in an overseas factory just like mine. Just have to take the (lay-backs) in stride. But its really good that you supported you co-worker like that.

Comment

Me and my wife did several poker runs this year all and all they were pretty fun my best friend even won a thousand bucks in one. You are right, not many sport bikes show up though. I think I had funner after words though, I had a couple of harley guys that said they could out run me, as it turned out it was just a thought lol.
        "I wanna go fast"

Comment

what is the orange motorcycle in the pics? thanks for sharing!
          1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
            what is the orange motorcycle in the pics? thanks for sharing!

Comment

It's a Kawi Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                It's a Kawi Z1000

yep, what he said. my buddies Z1000, pretty sweet bike.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Very sweet bike!

I've neve rliked Harleys. I dunno, maybe I'm just silly.
                  My Geeky Finance Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                    ... I am in Swee****er.
                    LOL! no "Sweet.water" getting through the language filter!

- Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                    2005 F4i -

Comment

Working...
                    X