X

Official Street Fighter Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
    What's going on Ne-o?? How are your projects coming?

Got kinda busy with other things, the 82 has been on hold for a while.Got a new harness from Ron Ayres, they assure me it's the right one, but i have my doubts, then again i suck at electrics.It should have been a direct plug in, but there seems to be more plugs than i need, with different colored wires? When it starts getting cold i will get back to it, that may be sooner than i would like. Got my trailer almost done,just need the flooring.I took another job at the same company, but now i am allowed on the machines (sucks), so, i am looking into getting a mill at home.I have been quite disillusioned at what is for sale at ridiculous prices, but I'll get there eventually.Later.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie View Post
      Got kinda busy with other things, the 82 has been on hold for a while.Got a new harness from Ron Ayres, they assure me it's the right one, but i have my doubts, then again i suck at electrics.
      Well I'm here for you.. Hot coffee and some donuts is all I ask!
      I took another job at the same company, but now i am allowed on the machines (sucks), so, i am looking into getting a mill at home.I have been quite disillusioned at what is for sale at ridiculous prices, but I'll get there eventually.Later.
      Wait, you mean you aren't allowed on the machines anymore..
      That sucks.

Comment

Well I'm here for you.. Hot coffee and some donuts is all I ask!

Wait, you mean you aren't allowed on the machines anymore..
        That sucks.
        Yeah, just for that reason, i may not stay.I needed a change, but it was not explained to me that i would have to give up the use of the shop. We will see how it goes.Hey,coffee and donuts it is, maybe after the Christmas season is over, we should get together and get the beast fired up,everything is ready to go but the harness.You have no idea how much i appriciate the offer,thanks.

Well, when i say ready to go,maybe

Comment

so, i am looking into getting a mill at home.I have been quite disillusioned at what is for sale at ridiculous prices, but I'll get there eventually.Later.
          Sorry to hear about the delays...I know how you feel these days as with winter looming, mine 82 won't see the road until spring. I'd suggest looking for a bridgeport knockoff for a mill. I looked at a number of bridgeports that were priced ridiculously high and had been used/abused which ofte meant higher than acceptable runout. I found a roundtower 3 axis that was privately owned all it's life by a single owner and never used for production. Tolerance s were better than most I had looked at and I picked it up for about 1/3rd of the bridgeport cost. They're out there, just need to be patient. Good to hear you're still around....cheers

Comment

I once used a mini Bridgeport at a shop in MA.. It was a real Bridgeport, just like 3/4 size. Very handy for small jobs. I always though it would make a nice one for an MC garage. You couldn't fit a frame on it but you could fit an MC engine block.. I don't remember what the motor HP was..

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Crzyroberts
              Who knows, maybe the B12 engine can be fitted in the early Kat,

Do a search, it's impossible to fit a B12 engine in the Kat PERIOD!

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                Sorry to hear about the delays...I know how you feel these days as with winter looming, mine 82 won't see the road until spring. I'd suggest looking for a bridgeport knockoff for a mill. I looked at a number of bridgeports that were priced ridiculously high and had been used/abused which ofte meant higher than acceptable runout. I found a roundtower 3 axis that was privately owned all it's life by a single owner and never used for production. Tolerance s were better than most I had looked at and I picked it up for about 1/3rd of the bridgeport cost. They're out there, just need to be patient. Good to hear you're still around....cheers

Bridgeport suffer from the brand name syndrome. Highly prized because of the name, and people think they're made of gold. Good clones can be had for alot less, and in a home shop environment, the differences would never be noticed.

Check out the for sale section over on that site. Great deals pop up all the time.

Comment

Are there any posts on making a sub frame to mate up with later model kats in here. my sf has a custom (hard rear) rear seat. but i want to shange it tp a zx 6 race seat that has been shortened but i don't know how to go about making the sub frame mount up also the rear tank mount is kinda in the way.
                  " Rats get fat, while Real men die "

Comment

Originally posted by piercernb View Post
                    Are there any posts on making a sub frame to mate up with later model kats in here. my sf has a custom (hard rear) rear seat. but i want to shange it tp a zx 6 race seat that has been shortened but i don't know how to go about making the sub frame mount up also the rear tank mount is kinda in the way.
                    The subframe mount will depend on the rear end you are using..
                    (weird I thought I posted this)
                    Anyway, check out the first bike posted in this thread. He used a Ducati rear.
                    Also check out Waltari's bike. I can't find the full thread of the build but maybe he will speak up..

About Bridgeports. Dan you're right for basic stuff the clones are fine.
                    But I have used 30 year old Bridgeports that are better than clones.
                    The table ways are not as good IMO. Also I'm willing to bet you can get a knackered Bridgeport and rebuild the head where getting new parts on a clone might be harder.. We had one in the shop that had about 60 tho. of back lash in the table. It was still true as hell.. It was just useless with out a read out.

Comment

The Bridgeport of old was a much better machine than the one available today.( as far as casting quality,and overall tollerance's)I would really like to get a 3 axis cnc, but the money tree did not pruduce much this fall.I could retro fit later if i found a decent manual with a DRO, Theres no real hurry right now, but looking.

Comment

The Bridgeport of old was a much better machine than the one available today.( as far as casting quality,and overall tollerance's)I would really like to get a 3 axis cnc, but the money tree did not pruduce much this fall.I could retro fit later if i found a decent manual with a DRO, Theres no real hurry right now, but looking.
                        Yes...I'm conteplating a retrofit on mine as well once all is settled.

Comment

Also check out Waltari's bike. I can't find the full thread of the build but maybe he will speak up..

Are you referring to his blog? http://1157katana.blogspot.com/2007/...of-action.html
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                            Yes...I'm conteplating a retrofit on mine as well once all is settled.

You know a co worker of mine rigged an x-y table to his PC and a plasma torch.. It "ran" on the plot output of AutoCAD..

Comment

Yeah, just for that reason, i may not stay.I needed a change, but it was not explained to me that i would have to give up the use of the shop. We will see how it goes.Hey,coffee and donuts it is, maybe after the Christmas season is over, we should get together and get the beast fired up,everything is ready to go but the harness.You have no idea how much i appriciate the offer,thanks.

Well, when i say ready to go,maybe

Now that's a naked bike :

Try this aswell:

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
                              Last edited by grumpyoldgit; 11-27-2007, 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                                From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                                this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Comment

Working...
                                X