No announcement yet.
X

shined up me lips!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly, Beautiful!!!!!!! That s**t is HOT!!!

Comment

Whoa... That looks great!! Good work
      -Scott
      '88 Katana 600
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice looking, great job!
        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Hey guys still wondering what do you all do about the rim weights? Do you remove them or leave them on?

thank you.
          sigpic
          08 Ford F150
          08 Dodge Charger
          03 Suzuki Katana

Comment

amazing looking I think im blind
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blkf150 View Post
              Hey guys still wondering what do you all do about the rim weights? Do you remove them or leave them on?

thank you.

I am in the process of polishing my rims now. I have about 12 hours in them because I am sanding then polishing. My front wheel has the weight on the center lip of them rim. The rear wheel has a stick on weight on the lip I am polishing. I plan on taking it off, then having the wheel rebalanced. Hope this helps.
              01 Kat 750- daytona blue, black and gunmetal powdercoat, yoshi RS-3, 03+ tail section , Barnett Kevlar clutch and springs, 8k HID's, racerback seat cowl, polished lips and painted rotors, tinted windscreen, lowered, smoked turn and tail lights, intergraded led tail light KatRiders decals,184 White leds! More of them to come.
              Repaint this winter, along with some other stuff

Comment

thank you alot. how bad will it vibrate with the weight off and ride? How much do you think it will cost to have it rebalanced?
                sigpic
                08 Ford F150
                08 Dodge Charger
                03 Suzuki Katana

Comment

It won't vibrate near as bad as you may think. If you take the wheel in off the bike to get it balanced, I would think you should get out for under $20.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

thank you teddy. How much do you think if I leave the wheel on? I don't want to mess with the breaks if I don't have to, but if I save alot by doing it myself then I would. Also what about if I mark where the weights are on the front rim and if I put double sided tape to put the weight back on would that be ok?

Also Teddy so to get off topic guys but where did you get your rear seat cover and the GSXF decals?
                    Last edited by blkf150; 10-03-2008, 06:54 AM.
                    sigpic
                    08 Ford F150
                    08 Dodge Charger
                    03 Suzuki Katana

Comment

I did what you just said about the double sided tape. After, I took the bike out and ran it up to about 130 a couple of times. It hasn't come off yet. The tape that came off the weight looked like the same stuff I put it back on with. The way that I marked it was by not polishing where it was originally. The unpolished part is under the weight so you cant see it.
                      01 Kat 750- daytona blue, black and gunmetal powdercoat, yoshi RS-3, 03+ tail section , Barnett Kevlar clutch and springs, 8k HID's, racerback seat cowl, polished lips and painted rotors, tinted windscreen, lowered, smoked turn and tail lights, intergraded led tail light KatRiders decals,184 White leds! More of them to come.

Comment

i have access to a CNC shop and my friend has old lathes i can use to clamp the wheels and turn them... i am wondering how much time i can save by turning the wheels and just using polisher
                        97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                        94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by 4g vtec View Post
                          i have access to a CNC shop and my friend has old lathes i can use to clamp the wheels and turn them... i am wondering how much time i can save by turning the wheels and just using polisher

I have never used a lathe, but wont it leave lines in the wheels? if so, you already have them in the wheels now so no it wont be any faster.

Comment

Originally posted by 01kat750 View Post
                            but wont it leave lines in the wheels?

Only if you want it to, Im sure it could work somehow. I would also be very worried about irregularity in the wheels causing massive failure after you shave them off, especially if being milled by a cnc machine or turned on a lathe. Think about a pimply faced kid shaving, capiche?
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They all look great. This is just one of the reasons that I love this site. People sharing a great idea to make your bike look drastically different for a little bit of nothing but time..
                              sigpic
                              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Awesome...This will be done over the winter months.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X