Identify this Suzuki

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nope

Originally posted by mash
    ... He got the bike running with new plugs and a carb clean up and sold it for $500.00. I talked to him last night, he said he wished he would have kept it. Afterwords he bought a cb750 honda, a good bike but a little too much for him size wise.

Now he still has a Honda 350 1971 in the garage with abt the same color scheme. The tank is rusty on the inside and the tires dry rotted, otherwise with some carb cleaning I believe it would fire right up. I intend to get it going soon, as soon as I finish building a fence, remodeling my bathrooms, restoring my 67 camaro, (you get the picture)
    You don't say when he sold it, but he probably got a fair price for it. Crankshaft seals go out on these when they get old, which is a pita to fix. May not have been worth more than $1000, tops, so he did okay. A CB750 is not that much bigger in any significant way- weights about the same, seat heigth is about the same, power is about the same- Suzuki was loosely completing with the CB750 with both the GT550 (to be as fast) and the GT750 (to be a tourer).

And a Honda 350 is a sweet little bike- imho (okay, so I'm not being so humble today- so sue me) a good vintage bike to have around- fun without being too fast, gets attention, and a good bike to let a noob borrow- if you don't mind the possibility of it being dropped.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
      Originally posted by chinto
      It is a GT 550. I believe it is a 1973.
      Inprecise. Year wrong if bike truly does have drum brakes.

Originally posted by Range
      looks like a GT around mid 70's
      Incomplete, inprecise, and looks don't quite get it. GW "looks" like the President, but we all know stub Chaney is the real prez.

You guys are funny- if CyberPoet had posted the same thing, you would be falling all over each other, praising him for his encyclopedic knowledge of all things motorcycle, whereas I give a quick but fairly thorough rundown of the bike (completly from memory, I didn't google a thing) and you get pissy 'cause you checked in with a little tidbid of half-information.
      you da man.

feel free to browse my post history and post any examples you find of of my falling over in praise of Cyber for his encyclopedic knowledge.

Although for whatever reason you neglected to see the smiley implying humour and instead assuming pissiness.

You fail to realize that your, although somewhat informative post, really was no more clear (and in fact possibly incorrect considering the 74 side covers are different) than either of ours.

I will now fall over in praise of you for your complete misunderstanding of my post and for your assinine reply.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Is it a full moon? or what? I got people's dander up on another post this week, asking advice on my damaged laptop! I suppose I am a "defecation stirrer" this week. I better not talk to the old lady this week, will probably be put in the dog house.

In regard to the seat height, the GT must have had bad shocks or something, all I remember is Pop being a little unstable at stops on the 750, falling over on more than one occasion. It never happened on the 550.

BTW, who is Cyber?

You did seem a little aggravated, even in your excellent reply, as in "I thought you knuckleheads would have figured this out by now...." But I didn't mind. I haven't had that great a week myself. Maybe its someone elses turn for a while.

OK, HERE IS SOMETHING LESS CONTROVERSIAL, NO ONE CAN GET UPSET ABOUT. WHAT BREED OF DOG IS THAT IN THE PICTURE?

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          I love old dykes

Comment

I got lazy and didn't take the time to put any 's in my post.

I got flamed.

Serves me right.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by mash
              OK, HERE IS SOMETHING LESS CONTROVERSIAL, NO ONE CAN GET UPSET ABOUT. WHAT BREED OF DOG IS THAT IN THE PICTURE?
              What dog ? Oh , you mean that guinea pig looking thing ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

what do you mean calling my dearly departed sweet little fritzi a guinea pig???? oh, wait, i said no one should get upset...

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                  I got lazy and didn't take the time to put any 's in my post.

I got flamed.

Serves me right.
                  I didn't take offence...I can read between lines.

and...to set the record straight....I have never fallen over praising Cyber....his girlfriend however, is another story.

and Dennis quote was also a half truth....I love ALL dykes...young and old. (who else has my back in a bar-room brawl...Junior? )

Comment

Working...
                  X