X

My 600 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re

Put some NGK CR8EK plugs in the Kat today and mixed me some 109 octane lol She is screammming!!!!!

Comment

109? and it ran?

87 is the recommended.
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

re

Lmao Yes it ran. 87 oct might be recomended but hell doesnt mean its required.

I wouldnt run 87 in my bike period. You should never EVER run 87 Octane in a bike IMO. Mortorcyle engines are so well designed these days. You have to run a gas that is 93 octane and I wouldnt run but a Name Brand fuel Exon Chevron Shell etc. Dont go looking for bargins. If run cheapo gas in your bike and watch how fast you foul a plug have carb issues ( clogged jets )etc.

I dont recomend running 109 in your bike but mine it wont hurt it has been tooled by some of the best Suzuki guys on the gulf coast. All mods etc have been done by them. I wouldnt run it in my bike everyday but a tank cooked up for a few hot passes here and there and it does just fine.

Comment

Re: re

Originally posted by JacknGulfport
          You should never EVER run 87 Octane in a bike IMO. Mortorcyle engines are so well designed these days. You have to run a gas that is 93 octane and I wouldnt run but a Name Brand fuel Exon Chevron Shell etc. Dont go looking for bargins. If run cheapo gas in your bike and watch how fast you foul a plug have carb issues ( clogged jets )etc.
          Hope you got a flame retardent suit on....
          2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
          Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
          2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

There is no need to run that high an octane gas in our bikes. That stuffs designed for super high compression engines or poweradders. We the comp ratio our bikes have your just wasting $$. Unless of course your having a terrible pre-igniton problem. And if its that bad then you have alot more problems than the gas you use....carbon build up, etc.

Comment

the factory recommends 87 octane for a reason, i was running 93 and IMO the bike actually runs better on 87, seems smoother to me but then again it could be just a personal observation

Comment

Re

This is just my opinion like I said I dont recomend running 109 in anyones bike.

But I also stated my bike isnt stock. The plugs I run jet kit etc my bike runs smooth on 93. Your stock bike might run great on 87. But does it burn clean? You can pull up to the gas station over and over and try save a few cents, me Im pull up to Chevron and pump 93 Oct and know its burning clean in my bike.
                Gasoline from one station to next is not the same. The goverment has standards in place but trusted companies like Shell, Cheveron etc go well above these standards to produce cleaner burning fuel.

Octane = engine smoothness
                Cheveron Shell ETC=cleaner burning gas

Your bike might run smoother by bumping up to a higher octane. If it doesnt keep using 87. But use big name company.

But unless you have pushed the envolope on Your Kat never EVER use a Octane additive. It only works in MY bike because of what has been done to the engine.
                Ok with this being said I hope everyone who has weighed in on this discussion understands I know what Octane is and what gasoline is, and what a mortocycle engine does when you squeak ever ounce of horsepower out of it.

Comment

Working...
                X