Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

A FEW KATRIDERS ON ACH - MEMORIAL DAY...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A FEW KATRIDERS ON ACH - MEMORIAL DAY...

BlackFalcon did some Memorial Day shooting on ACH Monday and met up with Bob, Doc Nitro and the wife, Dennis, Linda and Ed. You guys have to keep in mind that BF is still learning and finding the best spots on ACH so forgive him if some of the KR shots are not the best. I'm posting them up for BF 'cause he's studying for finals.

One of the big differences between Killboy at The Gap and ACH is the terrain. The Angeles National Forest is a SoCal forest. Way more desert & sun so he's finding that early morning and late afternoon seems to work best. And the perfect spots for cruisers is really different from the primo spot for sportbikes. This summer he's going to be taking a JC course in photography to really get a feel if this is something he wants to do as a career. Either way, his website is going up this week and hopefully he can start earning a little extra cash doing the "mini Killboy" thing at ACH this summer. The other big difference is Deal's Gap is a "destination" whereas ACH is more of a route through the Angeles Forest to Wrightwood (skiing in the winter). It's about 30 miles of twisties, from bottom (La Canada-Flintridge) to Wrightwood. About 10 miles up is the turnoff to head down the mountains to the 14 Freeway to Palmdale/Lancaster - High Desert (Bob's neighborhood).

Here's some of the pics:

Dennis and Linda heading up ACH. I yelled to Aaron as he was setting up to shoot, "That's Dennis and Linda!" and he says, "Thanks a lot for getting me nervous. Those are people I know!"

Here's a good one of SVBrat

Bob (Poser!)

Dennis looks like he's up to something :P

DoctorNitro and his better half (and way prettier, too)

DocNitro - solo

Bob

Ed

---------------------------------

Don't you just love "helmet hair"

You LoCal folks have Rick Clemson at Palomar so no sense in shooting KR up there but maybe Banner might be good, but I do know we have got to do a SoCal KatRiders day at ACH because we think we found the PERFECT sportsbike spot:

If you guys want the pics I'll send you links so you can download the high resolution files. Shoot me a PM if you haven't already.
    sigpic

great pictures, looks like a great ride. DocNitro needs to splurge and get the girlie a jacket.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Great pics BF!

So what's with SoCal'ers never wearing riding pants?

Comment

That last shot is great!! Perfect! I've looked at it three times and can't find a flaw!

Comment

nice pics!
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Damned helmet hair! At least Amanda had the good sense to leave her helmet on....That way you can see her pretty face without the helmet hair!!!

Thanks Black Falcon...Great shots. Now I have to pick one for my desktop!

THE DOC
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Great Shots Black Falcon! them some good times..........good times.

bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

I should'a kept my helmet on too....

Comment

Doc and Dennis............at least you got hair.

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Working...
                  X