Highmount / High Pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highmount / High Pipe

Hey all,

I am considering doing a change to my exhaust and I was wondering if anyone had some pictures of a kat with a highmount pipe / highpipe. I found some older pictures of DooD who has one of the Holeshot exhaust systems... but the only highmount they make is for a 600 bandit. I did some searching and really couldn't find much else. Anyone have some pictures saved up they could post?
    2004 R6
    2000 SVT Contour

There was a picture here recently which had one. Didnt look like a clean install, but it was a highmount. It was posted within the last 2 weeks. I'll see if I can find it.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

here's one but don't know who's it is
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Thats DooD's bike...He has a 1216 in it, so I believe he used the bandit exhaust as well, but I may be mistaken...His bike is the shiz-nit...

EDIT....Look at my avitar, my TBR is somewhat a high mount pipe...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Comment

I wonder if you could kink that two brothers exhaust to make the angle a little taller.

Yes, that DooD's bike, he has the holeshot bandit exhaust.
            2004 R6
            2000 SVT Contour

Comment

Originally posted by the digital slacker
              I wonder if you could kink that two brothers exhaust to make the angle a little taller.

Yes, that DooD's bike, he has the holeshot bandit exhaust.
              you could probably take a torch to the mid pipe and get a bit more bend.

Why not just take it to the exhaust shop and have a new midpipe made up.

Comment

Problem is my 93 is a 4-2-2 exhaust. I'd need to either convert it to 4-2-1 or maybe just rig my pipes to come up higher.
                2004 R6
                2000 SVT Contour

Comment

The main issue with high mount pipes on the Kat is clearing the passenger footpeg and allowing the passenger enough room to prevent burning their legs or melting their shoes. Look at the picture of the blue and white kat with the 2 Brothers exhaust. Look how close the pipe already is to the passenger footpeg. Not much more room for it to go higher. Pre-98's aren't much different in that area either. Now, if you are willing to cut off the passenger footpegs then that opens up a lot of possibilities with your exhaust going higher. I have thought of cutting mine off once my wife gets her own bike and making the yoshi a high mount can. You may also notice that Dood removed his passenger pegs on the black bike with the Bandit exhaust.

This is my bike with a Yoshi pipe, but you can see how the passenger footpeg is similar to the 98+.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                  X