Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

From blue to rash... time for paint (56k no no)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint the tail to match and you're golden. Good job!
    Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

I say leave the tail..
      Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by 00RedGsx600f
        Originally posted by Woody6799
        I sprayed it in my friends garage with his spray gun using DuPont Chromabase color... silver metallic and the tail is a really dark purple that looks black when in the shade or darker lighting. The belly fairings will be sprayed to match the purple tail but i need new ones first. Thanks for all the compliments
        Did you clear coat it afterwards? really does look awsome
        of course I did! The only right way to do it! I think I am leaving the tail purple bc I think there will be too much silver if i paint the belly and tail to match it.

Comment

of course I did! The only right way to do it! I think I am leaving the tail purple bc I think there will be too much silver if i paint the belly and tail to match it.
          What kind/brand clear coat?

Comment

nice paint Job
            All Ryders are Welcome
            www.streetstealaz.com

Comment

Originally posted by 00RedGsx600f

What kind/brand clear coat?
              Nasson... its a DuPont Line

Comment

I'd paint the tail, grab handle, lowers, forks, swingarm, sprocket and wheels black...Well wish mine were black but its an 06 and I can't bring myself to paint over new paint...
                "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I was thinking about painting the wheels black and the swingarm as well but for some reason I have become partial to the silver wheels and if I decided to do the swingarm it would be a winter time thing so I dont lose riding time. I was also thinking about getting a black Vortex rear sprocket to throw some black in the rear there but I am unsure if I want to go that route yet

Comment

glad you're still up and riding after your wildlife encounter.
                    my 2 cents is: leave the wheels, but if youre an impulsive cleaner like i am, go black - i just replaced my silver aluminum sprocket (out of neccessity, not style, and its a beeoch to keep clean!)
                    if i may, what kind of seat is that? it looks much better than stock, and i'm having trouble finding a good replacement for mine.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

AZkatana... im not really sure, I have never inspected. I know it is a gel seat but idk the brand or anything but it is hella comfortable

Comment

Working...
                        X