X

Just a small 650R project update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a small 650R project update

Well I know its katriders but just wanted to share a photo and info on a small upgrade to the wifey's Ninja 650R. I wanted to thank this forum for saving me so much time on how to lower the front end. I just installed a penske shock to lower the rear about 1.75 inches and then I worked on the front and raised the tubes 0.75 inches to lower the beast, lol. I also installed a zero gravity sport tour windscreen back in Dec 2006 but then remomved all the plastics to insert rubber stripping to get rid of the vibrations, the wife is picky. I also installed a set of R&G frame sliders just in case but now with it lowered I think she's all set. Never let your wife talk you into buying her a bike, it just leads to upgrades for her...lol
    Attached Files
    "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

That is a sharp bike..
    But we need better pics!

Comment

Very nice!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

8)

Did you actually have to change the shock to lower the back?

My wife has a SV650s, we had to drop it for her as well....I used longer links on the rear shock mount, and dropped the front an equall amount. (we also scooped some foam out of the seat)

Comment

Yup had to swap the shock, set me back oh well, Her back about $725.00 but much better than stock.
          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

had a look on one tonite...you don't have a bottom link.

at least you got a much better shock...

Comment

looks nice!

Comment

Working...
              X