X

OFFICIAL BLACK KATANA THREAD!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dunpeal View Post
    No it doesn't make the beam darker, it just blacks out whatever is covered and focuses whatever isn't in a certain direction. Its pointed about 15 feet in front of me slanted towards the ground, but a good amount points at the road too. I think its perfect. After I get back from deployment I'm jumping to the B12 motor. My wife is letting me put $5,000 into my kat .
    a lot of envy on this side, maybe a bit jealousy
    well im not using full power from current engine so ill wait a bit until that, and stupid Serbs made it too complicated for registering a swapped engine
    id love to see those headlights like it alot, so i wanna try to do it to my baby
    and, congrats for persuading your wife
    sigpic

Comment

• Mad love for the black Kats!!!
      Attached Files
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• heres mine

Comment

No it doesn't make the beam darker, it just blacks out whatever is covered and focuses whatever isn't in a certain direction. Its pointed about 15 feet in front of me slanted towards the ground, but a good amount points at the road too. I think its perfect. After I get back from deployment I'm jumping to the B12 motor. My wife is letting me put $5,000 into my kat .
          From what I can see I like how your lights are also. I just hate how dim the lights are anyway and would worry about any more loss. It seems on low I can only see right in front of the bike anyway. Love how it looks though.
          $5k to put in to your Kat? What else besides the motor swap.? I love my Kat but I think if I had 5k to spend I would end up on something newer with fuel injection. It is fantastic that you love your bike enough that you just want to make it better for you though.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
            a lot of envy on this side, maybe a bit jealousy
            well im not using full power from current engine so ill wait a bit until that, and stupid Serbs made it too complicated for registering a swapped engine
            id love to see those headlights like it alot, so i wanna try to do it to my baby
            and, congrats for persuading your wife
            Yeah, I definitely like them alot. And persuading her wasn't too hard. She got a brand new 2013 Hyundai Accent. So me spending $5,000 of my deployment cash on my bike that I already own doesn't bother her.

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
            From what I can see I like how your lights are also. I just hate how dim the lights are anyway and would worry about any more loss. It seems on low I can only see right in front of the bike anyway. Love how it looks though.
            $5k to put in to your Kat? What else besides the motor swap.? I love my Kat but I think if I had 5k to spend I would end up on something newer with fuel injection. It is fantastic that you love your bike enough that you just want to make it better for you though.
            Motor, new paint, new gauges, and all new drivetrain essentials, including tires. Then whatever is left over is new gear.

And I forgot to say that I have HIDs in it. They are super bright so trimming them down some doesn't really bother me at all from a safety stand point and a purely aesthetic stand point.
            Last edited by Dunpeal; 12-19-2013, 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, I definitely like them alot. And persuading her wasn't too hard. She got a brand new 2013 Hyundai Accent. So me spending $5,000 of my deployment cash on my bike that I already own doesn't bother her.

Motor, new paint, new gauges, and all new drivetrain essentials, including tires. Then whatever is left over is new gear.

And I forgot to say that I have HIDs in it. They are super bright so trimming them down some doesn't really bother me at all from a safety stand point and a purely aesthetic stand point.
              I guess you could go through 5k pretty fast, probably a couple grand just in new gear.
              Did you do he HID mod yourself? If so how much of a pain was it?
              And last but not least, Thanks for your service!

Comment

• i did HID too, its pretty easy, plug n play. i did it only on low bean since euro model has H1 high and H7 low beam, but im thinking of 2xH4 bixenon mod, theres alot of headlight modification so im still just thinking of it.

contacted a friend about that engine swap, no swapping for me anytime soon, after that swap it allmost imposible to register a bike for traffic... stupid law.
                all i can do is swap with same engine (same displacement and power, from same manufacter = gsxf600)
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                  I guess you could go through 5k pretty fast, probably a couple grand just in new gear.
                  Did you do he HID mod yourself? If so how much of a pain was it?
                  And last but not least, Thanks for your service!
                  Yeah, it flies. And the HID mod was easy, truly plug n play.
                  And I thank you. I definitely didn't join for the recognition. And I never knew how much I would give up physically, and emotionally. Being in Afghanistan with an Infantry unit has its highlights, but I'm definitely done playing after this deployment is over.

Originally posted by Dunpeal View Post
                  Yeah, it flies. And the HID mod was easy, truly plug n play.
                  And I thank you. I definitely didn't join for the recognition. And I never knew how much I would give up physically, and emotionally. Being in Afghanistan with an Infantry unit has its highlights, but I'm definitely done playing after this deployment is over.
                  That sucks dude. I'm too stubborn not to go through with it though. Riding is truly the one thing to clear my mind of all the stress I have. Customizing makes throwing my leg over it at the end of the day have some validity.
                  Last edited by Dunpeal; 12-21-2013, 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Here"s my 93 Kat! It's mostlyyy black

93 Katana 600
                    98 ZX6

Comment

• Just painted the seats and added the decals.

"Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
                      96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

• I'm in...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• 2006 gsx750f nz

Here is a picture of my GSX750F 2006 tank with the original warning stickers - suzuki shop was a bit surprised when I went in and ordered the stickers and I was more than a bit surprised when I got the price.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Modarm; 06-09-2014, 04:59 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Modarm View Post
                            Here is a picture of my GSX750F 2006 tank with the original warning stickers - suzuki shop was a bit surprised when I went in and ordered the stickers and I was more than a bit surprised when I got the price.

50$?
                            i want to do them for my Kat. can we get some pics?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                              This is how a black KAT should look...

Tok
                              where can I find those metallic looking things on the side of your bike?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruben10 View Post
                                where can I find those metallic looking things on the side of your bike?

Hi mate, I'm afraid you are going to have to be a little more specific about the "things" you are refuring to.

Cheers

Tok

Comment

Working...
                                X