X

what do you think???????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think???????

I know I still have to sand and polish but wanted to see what you all thought
    Attached Files
    2004 katana 750

Wow that is looking sweet!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Personally, like the paint, don't like the color
      but I'm trying to go all black
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

how did you remvoe the paint?

Comment

nice..like the color
          You're Welcome,
          - The Social Invalid

Comment

I did the same on my wheels, aircraft stripper takes the paint off of the outer rim lip beautifully. A little very fine steel wool helps get the stubborn paint off too. Then all I had to do was polish them out with some Mothers and voila!, shiny rims. I got to cheat on the rotors though, mine were already black to match the bike. The painted sprocket is a nice touch though...lookin good

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

look'n good
              rock
              always working on mods

Comment

how good of an idea is it to have a painted sprocket? I want to get my rotors redone in gold
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

I used a wire wheel to strip the paint. I did want to use a spray on paint stiper because I didnt know what it would do to the tires.
                  2004 katana 750

Comment

U can use paint stripper as long as u mask the parts u dont want the stripper to affect. When I did my wheels I used a brush to apply the paint stripper.
                    Your wheels are looking good. I'm thinking about painting mine as well, just the black part of the wheel, maybe candy appel red. Would go nice with black bike and polished lips.
                    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

all i used was some m e k and scotch bright

Comment

oh by the way , after you polish you need to clear coat the whole wheel. then you never have to polish again.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                          how good of an idea is it to have a painted sprocket? I want to get my rotors redone in gold
                          Why wouldnt it be? Heat??? Id assume that the heat it does generate is very short durations, it may get warm but not for long. I painted my F3's front rotors (the inner) and I'll let ya know how it does, but I think it'll be alright!!!
                          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X