Clear All

• my motor

1998 Triumph Daytona T595 107 HP "untuned"
    1993 xr250L
    2005 cr125 two stroke For sale

Ewwww that don't look good at all!!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

did the rod bolts themselves break, or did they strip out of the rod?

That really sucks
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i am not sure i havent looked at it since i took the pictures. it has a brand new clutch exhaust and shift kit, and jet kit with less then a mile on it probly not even half a mile
        1993 xr250L

Comment

wow, that sucks!

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Comment

What the hell happened to it?
              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

well back in august the cluth nut came off and locked the trans and the motor and so when i fixed it i installed a new clutch shift kit and exhaust. then it had no power and made some noise so i was hoping it would be just the valves coming lose from the sliding stop from 45 mph. so i put it awhile till a couple day ago when i got my jet kit installed that and adjusted the valves again . it was really a random noise from the lower end that i didnt know what it was. but yea i rode it up the street and turned around and came back towards the house when it sarted missing on a cylinder. rode it the rest of the block home still had power so i stop at home and thats what i see. that is what happened. so either i am selling the bike for parts and getting a new bike or getting some engine havent made up m mind yet
                1993 xr250L

Comment

Originally posted by Gary600
                  rode it the rest of the block home still had power so i stop at home and thats what i see. that is what happened.
                  Wait.. So you rode it around like that?
                  You didn't realize a con-rod was sticking out of the engine?
                  Wow

Comment

ouch
                    You're Welcome,
                    - The Social Invalid

Comment

Unreal...now go find a b-12 to stuff in it....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

no it happened on the way back home it was a block i knew something was wrong since it was a missing on that cylinder. it stay ran ok just ruff with the miss. there was no big bang or anything just went puff
                        1993 xr250L

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
                          Unreal...now go find a b-12 to stuff in it....
                          well i did find a 2000 bandit 1200s for like 2800 i was thinking of just buyin the bike and riding that
                          1993 xr250L

Comment

Well, I've got an '03 motor and carbs that I'm looking to sell...in case you're interested. Has about 12K miles on it.
                            FrankenKat 1216
                            GS Fiter 816
                            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary600
                              no it happened on the way back home it was a block i knew something was wrong since it was a missing on that cylinder. it stay ran ok just ruff with the miss. there was no big bang or anything just went puff
                              sorry Gary, but I gotta say that you have a "bad ear" if you could not hear that there was a major problem.....as in enough to pull over right away.

On the other hand, not hearing it saved you from pushing it home. I am pretty sure you would have had a hard time starting it once you shut it off...lol.
                              Anyway....the damage was already done, so the short ride home didn't do it much more harm.

I hope you learned a lesson, though. And that is next time you have a problem where you lock up the lower engine, take it apart like you should, and check EVERYTHING. It doesn't make much sense to dump money into jetting, exhaust, valves and all that stuff if you haven't confirmed all is good in the engine. what did it cost you for all that stuff? $4-500 in parts and labor? more maybe?

never assume everything is ok.....take the time to check next time.
                              by the looks of that, I am guessing you spun a bearing and it ceased the rod on the crank. this will break your rod bolts off. then the cranks shoved the rod through the block. that's just my guess.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X