X

Really cool Speedo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really cool Speedo

You guys should check out www.cb750cafe.com this guy's a riot, read through his 'bikes i've built' section. The little comments on how crap his bikes were when he starts tearing through them kept me entertained for hours last night.

ok

Comment

I like your style cynic!
      Are you planning that with your new Honda?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        Are you planning that with your new Honda?
        I was thinking something along those lines. I've never been one to carbon copy someone elses ideas. But I think i'll add a little humour to my tach/speedo faces.

Thinking of the honda. Got the Carbs off and the valves adjusted already. Going to tear into the carbs tomorrow and hopefully have it running in 2 weeks. Lots of rubber to replace though

Comment

Originally posted by thecynic
          I was thinking something along those lines. I've never been one to carbon copy someone elses ideas. But I think i'll add a little humour to my tach/speedo faces.
          Well, he ripped the Classic Bikes logo, which is a rip on the Norton/Triumph logos.. And Ton Up is older than me..

Comment

Ton-up is NOTHING these days . What's it now , the 200mph club ? I forget the wording ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hahah yeah, 100 is nothing any more.

I just love the "bang" at 150.

It's little details like that I love on custom bikes.

I don't think i'll cafe racer this bike, the tank/side covers and what not are all in too good a shape to want to customize too much.

That and I don't really have the $$$$ to drop on a cafe seat/handlebars.

An update on the bike though. I have the carbs completely off, soaked through and will be tearing into them tomorrow to get an idea of if i need a gasket set or if the guy did clear them out well enough before parking it.

I took the fuel bowls off of 1 @ 4 and they both looked remarkably clean considering. The floats are in great shape. Who knows, the slides seem stuck though, i'll yank off the linkage that connects them all tomorrow and see what lurks beneath.

Comment

Working...
              X