So I got an R1 yesterday.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet ride!

Comment

definatlly my neighbor has an 04 and he let me ride that thing. and i say thing because its not a motorcycle if that thing had wings it would fly. they are fun and crazy and fast.
      wanted a busa but bought a kat like it alot very nice to ride lol

Comment

I decided to open it up a lil this morning on my way home from work.

No real worries though, no one within 1/2 mile front or behind me.

By a little I mean only 130.

Just rolled the throttle on nice and slow and glanced down to see the speedometer go from 129- 131.

I'm thinkin thats plenty.

Originally posted by efozie
        u starting a motorcycle dealership?
        funny you say that, I still want a supermotard.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

wish I had your problem still looking into my first after 25 years with out.

Comment

What year is that? I'm thinking about getting a 06 R1 LE they are a blast.
            The only subsitute for cubic inches is cubic money

Comment

Originally posted by semperverax
              What year is that? I'm thinking about getting a 06 R1 LE they are a blast.
              its a 2001.....so it could be called "dated" compared to the new 180 (claimed) hp liter bikes out now.... still is more bike than I'll ever need.
              (Didn't say want)
              Those R1 LE's are purdy frickin sweet but to put the price, $18K, in perspective, you could by all four of my bikes for that.

Comment

if you have to sell one I'll take the R1
                Live and Lean.
                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                Romans 3:23

Comment

Just exactly as mine, congratulations allblackkat, and yes the R1 is something else, its power is unbelievable.
                  Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Feels crazy having a bike with power like that eh? My zx6r was no liter bike but it would definitely pull hard and get you in trouble.......i tapped 140 before by accident, almost took my head off when i popped above the screen. First and last time I ever crossed that far into the triples
                    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

scary to say, but I hit 140ish on a ride the other day, and I know what you mean, didn't get a chance to look down but last I saw was 137. Here where I live the roads are straight and flat.....very tempting to just go wfo so you can find the next set toof twisties.

Also the wife likes the ZZRs ability to hit 120 when I'm not paying attention.

Comment

How many miles do you have in the 01 R1?
                        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

the original owner put 30k miles on it.

Me, I've had the bike less than 2 weeks and have over 700 miles on it myself.....

One cool thing about buying it from a close friend of my sister's is that he threw in every piece of shop manual literature Yamaha made for it...Service manual, supplementary service manual, and owners manual, still in its plastic with the extra key....

....If only I could make sense of all that stuff written in 'em....

p.s. isn't your 03 fuel injected? 01 isn't.

Comment

Yes, mine is fuel injected, the original owner put 8k miles on it, right now it has 9.5k miles.
                            I got in in may from an old guy that went down on a SV1000 and his wife made him sell it.

Comment

with all that power on tap,how on earth do you keep that front end down! I can only dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp Shooter
                                with all that power on tap,how on earth do you keep that front end down! I can only dream!
                                man its a piece of cake, now that I've got about 1500 miles or so on it.
                                Just realize that it is a completely different animal than a 600. (I've only been on my kat 6 and my wife's zzr).

As long as you don't loop it over your head the very first time you ride one you should understand what kind of power you've got.

Comment

Working...
                                X