X

My 89 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 89 Kat 600

Ok, so I'm getting along on this project and figured it might be time to share a few pics. Yes it'll be a naked bike. I'm planning to do tail fairings, modified, but that's about it. Have a 4-1 yoshimura exhaust, but it needs a fresh coat of paint and will be on this week. Tank is being coated internally right now so the bits of rust are gone and not getting into the carbs anymore.

I've gone through this thing pretty well and am hoping to be up and running this week. Of course there will be plenty more to do, but it'll be on the road anyway.

Make sure you check page 2.

Pics are in order from what it was to what it is currently. I'll keep updating the gallery as it gets finished.

Sean
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

sharp

Comment

so far:

powdercoated frame, swingarm, rims
      replaced every bearing on the bike
      RF900 rear shock
      Progressive springs, new seals
      bars/risers
      signals
      headlights to come
      solo cowl on the way
      modifying rear fairings
      Mettzler Z6 tires
      new chain/sprockets (stock gearing)
      timing advancer
      K&N pod filters
      rebuilt carbs

I'm sure there is plenty more I'm forgetting about right now. Should be on the road this week if all goes well.

Comment

Lookin good so far !
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

She's on the road, finally. spark, fuel, compression, but couldn't get cyl #3 to fire. Turns out the spark plug boot was leaking. Replaced it and all is well. Tuning time now. Just messing with the carbs getting it all right.

Check the link above as there are updated photo's. The solo cowl will be going on soon as will my new front fender once it's modified accordingly. It's a V-star custom front fender and I'll be shortening it and narrowing it.

Still waiting on custom gauges, but stock ones will do for now.

Comment

Keep it up
            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

That bike jack looks familiar.....isnt it fun tearing things apart then putting it back together lol

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

I thought about buying a bike and just riding it, then I saw this one that needed a ton of work, which seemed like much more fun. Spent a month, and it's on the road.

Too bad she's running blue. Guess this winter might be time for an 813 upgrade

Comment

hey i like the seat cowl for ya bike so where and how can i get one? for a 1995 katana?????
                  1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                  1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                  1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                  2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                  2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

airtech.com $48. You'll have to drill it yourself and make it fit. It'll be a winter project. It's coming too close and I want to ride the little bit of time I have left. Will be doing the front fender too.

Comment

never noticed how similar our 2 bikes are
                      same age and size, both cut up alot
                      Live and Lean.
                      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                      Romans 3:23

Comment

Definitely similar, but I think you have quite a bit more cutting to go to catch up :P

I didn't start with much as you can tell by the pics in my sig, so it was easy to go minimalistic. Buy only the parts I really want to put on the bike. Still plenty more to do though.

Comment

I dig the gauge set up... nice looking ride all the way around.
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by bcsean
                            Definitely similar, but I think you have quite a bit more cutting to go to catch up :P

I didn't start with much as you can tell by the pics in my sig, so it was easy to go minimalistic. Buy only the parts I really want to put on the bike. Still plenty more to do though.
                            My bike's emo, it'll catch up with cutting
                            Live and Lean.
                            When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                            "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                            Romans 3:23

Comment

Did someone say something about cutting?

Comment

Working...
                              X