It's ALIVE - RestoKAT lives!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ALIVE - RestoKAT lives!

Hi all -

Before going on to the pics, I wanted to thank everyone for the advice, tips, etc. over the last month (plus). It's been a blast figgerin' out how to put the Kat back together. Up to this time, I've been able to spend an hour here and an hour there piecing her back together.

But this past Saturday, my wife actually let me spend the entire day finishing up the last few things to get 'er done.

I'm still having a few issues; in particular, the front cage is a little crooked, not sure exactly how to true it up. In the pics, you'll notice the oil cover on the fairing is missing.

We took one of the old, busted up fairings - interestingly enough, there's an outline for the cover on the inside of the left fairing - cut it out, shaped it to go with the contour of the right fairing, mec'ed a tab at one end and a screw hole at the other... viola!! Instant oil cover. Looks good too. In the middle of matching the paint to the fairing right now.

Now, I start the process of converting a salvage vehicle with no tags to a restored, insured and registered street bike. Anyone done this before in PA? What should I look out for when going through the process? Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Look's good!
    NOW GET ON IT AND RIDE!

Comment

Look's good!
      NOW GET ON IT AND RIDE!
      Been on 'er a few times running between by buddy's house and mine... no tags, no inspection... gotta be careful. I'm shooting for two weeks from now to have all the nonsense done... title, reg, inspection, insurance... too friggin' complicated.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
      X