X

Ducati Desmosedici RR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onthedot
    These are the two bikes I wanted to buy before getting my Katana, but the insurance was astronomical so I didn't:
    I'm surprised the insurance would be all that high. European bikes typically have lower insurance rates, even though they're more expensive.
    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
      Originally posted by Rob
      wow, I wonder how much THAT is gonna cost
      A left nut, and your first born.
      Well worth it . I don't want/need either !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Somewhere I ran across some tables that showed comparisons of insurance rates. If a Kat was 1x, then the Ducati was like 1.8x, etc. I got popped for a 130MPH ticket on a remote highway by... a motorcycle cop. I was in my Celica. It comes off at the end of this year, so that will help. Because of it, I have to file an SR22, which sort of tells the insurance companies, "stay away from this guy", regardless of whether it's because of a speeding ticket or DUI or driving without insurance.
        MikeG
        Central Oregon
        2006 Suzuki GSX600F
        (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

Originally posted by onthedot
          Somewhere I ran across some tables that showed comparisons of insurance rates. If a Kat was 1x, then the Ducati was like 1.8x, etc. I got popped for a 130MPH ticket on a remote highway by... a motorcycle cop. I was in my Celica. It comes off at the end of this year, so that will help. Because of it, I have to file an SR22, which sort of tells the insurance companies, "stay away from this guy", regardless of whether it's because of a speeding ticket or DUI or driving without insurance.
          You're going to have high rates no matter what, until that falls off your record.

I'm not saying a Euro bike will necessarily be cheaper to insure than a Kat, but often they are cheaper than an equavalent Japanese bike. FWIW, I've got 2 tickets for 20+over and full coverage for my Aprilia is ~$460 / year.

Comment

you must alrerady own the 999...but not just ANY 999...it must be the "R" version...even the 999S isn't good enough.

I just happen to know a guy with a 999R....that is one sexy bike, but this one has the sexiest front end EVER (I love the way it harkens back to the 916)

Comment

Originally posted by Range
              you must alrerady own the 999...but not just ANY 999...it must be the "R" version...even the 999S isn't good enough.
              That's not quite accurate. Owning a 999R gets you priority status when ordering until September 30. If they still have any of the 400 bikes remaining after all the 999R owners who want one have ordered, then they'll open them up to whomever is next on the list. It may be that only 999R owners have the chance to buy one and there might be more 999R owners that want one than there are RR's to buy, but they haven't made the blanket statement that you must own a 999R to reserve a Desmosedici.

Comment

True WS...but the chances of any remaining units are close to nil, that is why they can comfortably make that reasonable request.

Canada is getting 4 bikes...TOTAL

Comment

Looks comfy.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    TCanada is getting 4 bikes...TOTAL
                    Which is more than your "country" deserves , eh .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                      That bike is beautiful!!! $30,000?
                      try 64000

and to get one you must currently (i think) own a 999.

and it will still take 18 months to see one.
                      My Karma ate your Dogma

Comment

Do they take checks?
                        "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forset Gumps Mama

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                          I want one. Who needs two anyway, and my first born will probably be a girl
                          Is she 18 yet?
                          TiM

Comment

Working...
                          X