X

Scorpion research...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion research...

Okay, so the Scorpion Exo 700 is the one I'm looking at. I'm fairly confident in saying that I've done the all the leg work I can. I have read the reviews, I have even been down to the local Honda shop to try them on. There's only one more thing I need before I buy... word of mouth.

Does anyone own an Exo 700? What about the HJC CL-14? What is the wind noise like on the Scorpion compared to the HJC? I know the weight is roughly the same (CL-14 is .03g lighter.) but is there any difference in longer rides and comfort? Basically, any 'I've used them both and this is what I think' opinions are most welcome.

Thanks.
    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

I have the CL-14 and my ears hurt after riding for 30 minutes or so (yeah yeah...earplugs). I can't give you any comparisons as I haven't used the scorpion.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

There are (or was) a few members here last summer that posted they had scorpion Helmets and were quite Happy with them.

Have you tried searching for older threads?
      Kyle

Comment

I ended up ditching my CL-14 and replacing it with 2 scorpion helmets. The CL-14 had horrible fog issues for me. I can't get the EXO to fog even when I try, and I really like the aero skirt they offer. Even if everything else was equal, I would not be able to wear the CL-14 when it was colder outside.
        The CL-14 does have one advantage though over the scorpion- the first notch on the faceshield is much, much smaller then the scorpion.
        For me (and every head shape is different) the scorpion is just a nicer, more comfortable fit. I regularly do 80 on the interstate and never had a sound issue with either helmet, although I would say they are louder then any Aria or Shoei I've had. Not enough to give me an issue with them though. This will be a big personal preference though.
        I've also said in another post, check out the 400 series as well. Same everything except outter shell material, which is just as protective.

Comment

i have the cl-14 other then the fog problem i love it plus if the fog is much of a pain they sell the breath box for like $8

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
            i have the cl-14 other then the fog problem i love it plus if the fog is much of a pain they sell the breath box for like $8
            I too have the cl-14, and have had issues with fog on chilly mornings. do you have a link for the breath box thingy?
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
              I too have the cl-14, and have had issues with fog on chilly mornings. do you have a link for the breath box thingy?
              Here is where I got mine Lou. It works.
              My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

I've been wanting to buy a Scorpion helmet for a while...I tried them on and they fit nice and I was not able to fog that lens up....they pride themselves for that feature of the helmet...I've known people that have them and they really like the fit and no fog feature...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I'd also add the EXO faceguard is a sinch to swap in and out, and they offer the smoked and mirrored ones for a very reasonable price, if that's your thing.

Comment

you can swap the face shield on an hjc pretty easily. i do hate that my hjc fogs at anything under 70 degrees. that said, i live in texas and sub 70 degree weather is almost gone.

Long Live the D

Comment

I have the ex400. I love this helmet. I added the chrome faceshield and aero skirt. It fogs a little on the really cold days, but it has been really reliable and fits well. I have done a few +300 mile days (6 hours of riding) and no problem with comfort.

As it gets older, I do have more wind noise, but still better than my old Nolan. I also like that their faceshield is pretty large, so you don't lose much periferial (spelling?) vision.

Great helmet for the price.

Comment

I have an EXO400 and love it. I'm kinda tired of the design...especially since my bike is no longer red. However, that's irrelevant to you. The helmet is very comfortable. I have no complaints about the wind noise, but I haven't used an awful lot of helmets on the highway. I will definitely look at Scorpion again when buying my next helmet.

*Edit: Mine is about a year old and is prone to fogging up, especially early in the morning. Also note that I managed to break one of the quick release things. I called Scorpion and they sent me all the pieces I need to fix it plus a few more and offered to walk me through it over the phone so I wasn't helmetless. They were very courteous.

Comment

I have the EXO700 Fury. and I have no complaints. I had a CL-14 before and the only complaint was that it fogged up more than the Scorpion ever did. The wind noise was less with the Scorpion too but I still wear ear plugs any way.

Comment

Just to add here- the mirrored helm isn't rated as fogproof by Scorpion, but their smoked and clear ones are.

Originally posted by katana_ron
                            I have the ex400. I love this helmet. I added the chrome faceshield and aero skirt. It fogs a little on the really cold days, but it has been really reliable and fits well. I have done a few +300 mile days (6 hours of riding) and no problem with comfort.

As it gets older, I do have more wind noise, but still better than my old Nolan. I also like that their faceshield is pretty large, so you don't lose much periferial (spelling?) vision.

Great helmet for the price.

Comment

Working...
                            X