Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS

OK, so what would be the best GPS I can get for less than $150.00? Which ones have the best features, or are they pretty much all the same?

I can't add too much to this because I really liked Garmin, got one for Christmas about 2 years ago. Made a mount for it this year, only to have the GPS fail...the charging port came loose and therefore couldn't charge.

Anyway, one feature I highly recommend off of any GPS is one that you can create multiple waypoints/route planning.
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

This one is at Best Buy for $99. We have the upscale $289 one, but for a bike, I believe the less expensive one would be fine. As far as features go, I'd go cheap on them. You can't, or shouldn't be doing much manipulating on the bike. And, they can be a bit distracting, so if you get one, do be careful. I loved the one I had on my ZZR1200.
      Last edited by zuma; 11-15-2013, 12:43 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Use your cell phone it's free and live

Comment

Originally posted by darnellj32 View Post
          Use your cell phone it's free and live
          +1. I use the gps on my phone and it works just fine for my needs.

Comment

Using a phone assumes that Jim has a phone with a GPS function. Last I checked his phone still flipped

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Originally posted by thetable
            Replaced the Oregon with a Montana 600, and I'm wondering why I waited so long. Got it with the rugged mount, and Garmin's City Navigator. All I can say is I wonder why I waited so long. It does absolutely everything I want out of a GPS! No, it wasn't cheap, but all the in between steps made it even more expensive.
            That said, I think Joseph is using his for trail riding too.

Car GPS/Phone GPS might give you a problem viewing the screen in bright direct light situations.

I've had a Zumo 450 for years, and paid a pretty penny for it... but it's been great except for the once or twice I tried to pre-program the exact route and missed a road. It gets really angry then.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I just have a tomtom XL with a Dakota mount. my bike is naked so I use it for a speedo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                Using a phone assumes that Jim has a phone with a GPS function. Last I checked his phone still flipped

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Hey, it's not a flip phone, but it is cheap. HAHA.

Maybe I can get them to upgrade my work phone. It is a flip phone by the way, but extremely rugged. I've dropped this thing, thrown it, dropped it in my beer and it never fails.
                Last edited by JIB; 11-16-2013, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                  I just have a tomtom XL with a Dakota mount. my bike is naked so I use it for a speedo as well.
                  That's interesting. How is it for comfort?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I have those in red....pretty comfy actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X