Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New LS2 Scape helmet and TCX-cube boots?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LS2 Scape helmet and TCX-cube boots?!

I just ordered the LS2 Scape helmet in gloss black even though I wanted matte but I was afraid of cleaning and scratching the matte finish. I wanted a new tinted shade visor for my KBC full face helmet but they dont offer anything anymore. Also I knoticed that my KBC helmet is just a tad too large (size Large) for me, but it was my brothers and was a hand me down. I decided to get the right sized helmet as im basically a 47.5cm head which puts me smack in the middle of "medium" size for the LS2. But the cool thing about the Scape helmet is that it converts from a full face helmet to an open helmet and has a integrated sun visor operated with one hand while on with a button. Also the chin strap is a buckle gear operation and can be done with one hand with gloves on! I cant go that with my double D loop helmet now.

So basically I'm killing 3 birds with one stone (latch, sun visor, and size) and at $120 Im not complaining.

I also need a motorcycle shoe/boot. I don't do any real racing but alot of short trips and need a boot with protection but comfortable and allows air flow (i ride mostly in the warmer/cooler months but not winter). I decided on the TCX-X-cube boot which is more like a sneaker but goes about half way up the leg. Breaths well and very comfortable, but also has lots a reinforcement and stuff for the ankles.
    Qualifying Products - All Riding Gear - Free Shipping, No Hassle Returns and the Lowest Prices - Guaranteed

I will post my reviews on these.

Has anyone heard or used any of these products? Ive heard good things about both the helmet and shoes.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

got the helmet and boots today. Went out for a ride right after work to the parts store and then some highway craziness! The helmet is amazing, its extremely light and the front lense and viewing is so much larger than a standard full face helmet. I used the sun shade as the sun was setting and it worked beautifully although alittle hard to do at speed (to find the lever/button) while riding with 1 hand. Still though worked great! I took the front face part off at the dealership and everyone liked it. Even the parts ppl asked me how much I paid and stuff and how I liked it, they get alot of ppl asking for them but they dont carry LS2 (they are thinking about it now lol). I knoticed some wind noise at 60+mph but nothing crazy, not sure if it was more than my KBC helmet. Also the lense positions arent the best as its got like 3 levels and the first click is about 1/3 the way up basically (can't crack it open for alittle extra air like normal 5 position helmets) Although you can cruize around with it 1/3 open with no big deal.

The TCX X-cube boots are pretty nice. I went from regular low cut goodyear addidas sneakers to this so it was quite a jump. I lost a good bit of feeling of the brake and shifter as the boots are much stiffer than my worn out old sneakers. But Its still managable and I have to get used to them. Walked around is very comfortable as it feels like a new stiffer pair of sneakers, still need to break them in but I'm happy with them.

Those are my reviews and will post more as time goes on and as things happen. I would recomend both products FYI.

Comment

Well anyone looking at the new LS2 helmets I can attest
      To there quality. Just had a nasty crash on my bike, pretty sure I got thrown off at highway speeds and the helmet took some nasty hits on the front, sides as back. I walked away in pain but my head came out unscathed. No need
      For a catscan or anything, was conscious and everything and walked into the Ambulance.

I would highly recomend this helmet to anyone! To take hits at 65+ mph and have no isse is a amazing thing. If I decide to ride still I will be purchasing another.

Comment

Working...
      X