X

Rider communication

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider communication

What's everyone think about bluetooths while riding. Good idea? If so what's a good brand?

I got the interphone F5 to deal with all my electronics and comunication. I ride pretty consistantly with the same group of people so we all got them and they work really well for us. Its easy jump between music, comunications between us riding and phone calls. So far no issues for me and its nice that you can keep the firmware up todate. I wear ear plugs while riding and the volume is high enough to still hear fine.

Comment

Bluetooth bike to bike communication is just okay. The problem is that it really only works line-of-site. I was riding with a group last Sunday and a few of them bought a decent brand and were talking to each other, but if the front of the group went around a corner, they lost contact with those at the back until they were back in line of site.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I use the scala rider G9. I haven't used them on the bike yet, on the snow machine I don't find them quite loud enough(but i also have to turn my ipod louder than on the bike) I am hoping on the bike it will be better.
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

I've been digging at this issue for a while. I've had a Chatterbox XBi2 for a couple years, but just sold it and decided to get something on a group buy with others in my riding group. We went for the SENA SMH10-11. Half a mile (albeit line of sight KatanaGSX92 says) distance. But, more flexibility than other sets, firmware upgradability, choice of microphone and a plate to plug in ear buds instead of speakers.

The alternative, if you want longer distance comm with other riders AND use of your phone and bluetooth music and GPS, is the Chatterbox X1 Slim. It uses FRS radio (with miles of distance) for biker to bike; and bluetooth for the fun stuff.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I use hand signals (sorry I wasn't any help)
            - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Got the hand signals down. Lol. Ima keep looking and researching. Sure ill buy something thanks for the input. Check these brands out that u guys shouted out

Comment

After lots and lots of reading.. I bought the scala g9 last month.. Can't wait for the snow to go away and try it out...
                2006 GSX 750F Black Kat

Comment

hand signals, including "heads up", "slow down", "use your foot to point to debris" tap the tail for "follow me", "head shake", "shrug" and the finger.

and the best thing...they are all free

Comment

I just bought the Scala g9 and have been really happy with it. Stock speakers are pretty tinny, so I just replaced them with a set of tork xpro (small bit of soldering) I would recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                      hand signals, including "heads up", "slow down", "use your foot to point to debris" tap the tail for "follow me", "head shake", "shrug" and the finger.

and the best thing...they are all free
                      +1
                      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                      X