X

Some new gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new gear

So with the riding season just about here well at least for me anyways, new to riding at least on the road so I'm not trying to slide on the salt, sooooo for my first gear I ended up buying a EXL textile jacket I orginally wanted a leather jacket due to the protection but for the low price of $35 I couldnt pass it up still like brand new nice, clean and no tears. The helmet I just bought a new scorpion exo 500 with a clear shield and slide down sun shade.( If anyone has had one like this please feel free to give me some input pros, cons whatever) I ended up buying this brand new for $219, wanted my head to be as safe as possible. I also picked up a pair of Icon gloves. Now boots cant really seem to find a big selection I have a pair of harley boots may look odd but they will do the job. and pants those I havnt figured out yet still looking.

I have the exo 1000. I recommend if you ever take the cheek pads out to be careful. When I removed mine the grommet the button snaps into came out with the button. I got a hold of scorpion and they won't send the replacement part I have to send the helmet back for the repair. Other than that its a pretty descent helmet.

Comment

i have the exo 400, and its alright. not a good warm weather helmet tho, as it is seriously lacking ventilation but thats why i have my other helmet
      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Keep me posted on the helmet your pros and cons as I am looking for a helmet that has a built in sun visor. It is a PITA when you leave in the morning for a short 3-4 hour tour, then it turns into a 12 hour joy ride and come back after dark with nothing but the tinted visor .

As far as other gear you can get quality used gear off of e-bay and craigslist, also I received an e-mail from motorcyclegear.com they are starting a "customer closet" you might want to keep an eye on that when it gets rolling.
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
          Keep me posted on the helmet your pros and cons as I am looking for a helmet that has a built in sun visor. It is a PITA when you leave in the morning for a short 3-4 hour tour, then it turns into a 12 hour joy ride and come back after dark with nothing but the tinted visor .

As far as other gear you can get quality used gear off of e-bay and craigslist, also I received an e-mail from motorcyclegear.com they are starting a "customer closet" you might want to keep an eye on that when it gets rolling.

Hey thank ya I'll let you know how the helmet does. Thats what I didnt want was a tinted visor the it gets dark and your struggling to see

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post

Shark Speed R helmets (I believe) have a drop down internal shade, and AGV Horizon helmets do, as well. I have the AGV and it's the best bucket I've ever owned. Light as can be, great ventilation and quiet.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
              Shark Speed R helmets (I believe) have a drop down internal shade, and AGV Horizon helmets do, as well. I have the AGV and it's the best bucket I've ever owned. Light as can be, great ventilation and quiet.
              Thank you Scout I will look into the AGV helmets. I tried wearing sunglasses but it impairs my vision abit and is too uncomfortable.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
              X