X

Fly Paradigm Helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Paradigm Helmet

So today my wife bought me a new helmet, its one I liked and was already interested in...

Shop Motorcycle Riding Gear today. RevZilla has the best selection of motorcycle gear online - Free Shipping, No Hassle Returns and the Lowest Prices - Guaranteed

though I like the helmet as is I was wondering if anyone has ever done something so dumb as use a Sharpie on a helmet lol. I was thinking it would be neat if I added some blue details and also on the matching backpack they gave with it (which is also black/white). Im just not sure if it will actually hold up on the surface.

Any thoughts on the helmet or my dumb idea welcome haha
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Nice helmet! very eye catching as far as the sharpie idea, I'm not sure. I imagine a worse case scenario of it smearing/running if you ride in the rain and such.... Best case it sun-fades and you have to do touch ups from time to time or a righteous pain in the ass to get it off once your tired of doing that...
    92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Marking or painting some helmets voids the warranty because they (the chemicals) could damage the surface integrity of the helmet. You might want to check before you mark it up.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
        Marking or painting some helmets voids the warranty because they (the chemicals) could damage the surface integrity of the helmet. You might want to check before you mark it up.
        He does have a very good point!

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Originally posted by DocCannabis View Post
          Nice helmet! very eye catching as far as the sharpie idea, I'm not sure. I imagine a worse case scenario of it smearing/running if you ride in the rain and such.... Best case it sun-fades and you have to do touch ups from time to time or a righteous pain in the ass to get it off once your tired of doing that...
          Yea I figured it will either rub right off or smudge. The fading could look kinda cool lol.

I honestly didnt know it has or was supposed to lol the couple helmets I bought new just got put to use an never looked back
          Last edited by crazycraven420; 03-10-2013, 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I wonder what it might cost you to have someone good with an airbrush and the correct paint to do some "fade" around the detail lines with your preferred color... some blue "fading" or "shading" would look cool around the borders not to mention a 'clear coat' of some type to *seal the deal* Probably more than the helmet cost though

Comment

the airbrushing wouldnt cost too much, I think the clearcoat could be the most costly. Even still, I doubt it would cost close to $200..

Comment

Hmmm I honestly have no clue, never had any custom air brushing done...

Comment

Helmets nice kids use spray paint once not happy when that happened

Comment

yea I definetly wouldnt be spray painting a new helmet lol I just wanted to add some depth and accent color. Plus I like the whole sharpie idea, the helmet almost reminds me of a coloring book lol. But I dont think I wanna experiment with my new helmet just yet haha.

After reading thru the owners manual it did state not to paint it or clean it with any chemicals I keep trying to validate it in my head but my conscience slaps me down hahaha
                    Last edited by crazycraven420; 03-15-2013, 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I figure if ur gonna keep it at least make It yours ya dig

Comment

Oh I feel ya! I really want to but I dont know if the chemicals in a Sharpie will affect the plastic. I hope to never need the protection of a helmet but if I do..I dont want a weak spot caused by my ignorance lol. That's the only thing stopping me

Comment

Working...
                        X