X

Question on boots purchase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on boots purchase

So, I am finally getting some boots. Looking at two boots and I think they are both ugly. These are $30 cheaper, but they don't look like motorcycle boots mostly because of the 1 1/2" heel.

The other option is these

Any advice?
    Extra life.

I think they're both pretty unimpressive.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The first pair look like my 5yr old work boots I wear.

I've never felt the need to buy "motorcycle" boots.
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
        The first pair look like my 5yr old work boots I wear.

I've never felt the need to buy "motorcycle" boots.
        I generally agree with you. I've mentioned once or twice on this site and I hate to admit again, but I ride with high top Reebok basketball sneakers. They have a ton of cushion and support, but they are obviously not built to protect my feet and ankles in a crash. I don't really have any better alternatives other than to buy new footwear, so I figure, why not get 'motorcycle' boots? You know?
        Extra life.

Comment

I came across these Alpinestars are on closeout for $99. Probably $115~ with shipping.

I was going to get some pants too at the other site I posted in this thread, which would have brought the total to around $100-125 (depending on the boots I got) and it's free shipping for orders over $99.

Are the Alpinestars a much better boot and worth it? If so, it would mean that I would have wait and get the pants at another time.
          Extra life.

Comment

you don't have to wear high boots you can wear a more comfortable motorcycle shoe with the same support if your out cruising. I do wear boots for more adventurous riding.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-31-2013, 12:12 AM.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Those are MX boots, IE dirt bike so they are probably way to stiff for a street bike.

I've had the vegas boots, they are cheap but did what I needed. My only issue with all the cheaper boots I've bought is they are narrow in the ankle area and I was blowing the zippers yearly.

My Alpinestar SMX boots lasted me 3 or 4 years, then I went through 2 pairs of cheap ones, then repaired my alpinestars (re-heeled and zippered). This Spring I scored a pair of $450 Forma race boots lightly used locally for $100 and they are awesome.
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                you don't have to wear high boots you can wear a more comfortable motorcycle shoe with the same support if your out cruising. I do wear boots for more adventurous riding.
                I typically don't go out to just casually cruise. I'm either riding to/from work on a highway or I'm hitting backroads in a fairly spirited way (for my novice skill level). So, I think most of the time, I would be better off with more than less boot.

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                Those are MX boots, IE dirt bike so they are probably way to stiff for a street bike.

I've had the vegas boots, they are cheap but did what I needed. My only issue with all the cheaper boots I've bought is they are narrow in the ankle area and I was blowing the zippers yearly.

My Alpinestar SMX boots lasted me 3 or 4 years, then I went through 2 pairs of cheap ones, then repaired my alpinestars (re-heeled and zippered). This Spring I scored a pair of $450 Forma race boots lightly used locally for $100 and they are awesome.
                Thanks for the heads up. Shows how much I know about boots

I think I'll stick with the Vegas and call it a day. If they suck, I'll take it as a lesson learned and buy better boots next year.
                Extra life.

Comment

These are what I have, and highly recommend them. They held up great in my last wreck.
                  The Sidi Fusion boots are a great touring boot with some racing influence (perhaps a fusion of sport and touring, if you will). A full length zipper and...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Spirited riding isn't the only factor. Just putting a foot down at a stop, regular boots or sneakers could slip easy on oil or in the wet. Or in my case riding in the rain I locked the front up coming to a stop sign, I released the brake but my left foot went down as a reflex and caught it under the bike (didn't dump the bike). Drove my foot into the ground, bruised my big toe and lifted the toe nail. I have Bilt trackstar boots (cheap, and wouldn't use them at the track) but I still wonder about the what if I had sneakers or regular boots on, how bad would it have been.

Comment

If it doesnt have a shank, it doesnt offer ankle support.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I just went ahead and got the Vegas and some riding pants. Thanks all.
                        Extra life.

Comment

what's wrong with the good old fashion steel toed work boot? Redwings have been doing pretty well for me. non slip oil resistant bottom, leathery and very well padded especially around the ankle.
                          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                            what's wrong with the good old fashion steel toed work boot? Redwings have been doing pretty well for me. non slip oil resistant bottom, leathery and very well padded especially around the ankle.
                            Padding wont stop your ankle from shattering.

Comment

That depends on the padding.
                              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                              Tony
                              94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X