X

Wearing your gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing your gear

So as I am typing this I am laying in a hospital bed. Saturday morning I went and decided to do some running around and a 76 year old decided he would just back out his driveway wit even looking. Needlless to say I never say it coming. I actually still don't remember that morning. Luckily I had my gear on. I fractured my wrist in several different spots and had the skin on knee pulled back. I was less then a 1/2 mike from my house. So all u guys and girls out the wear ur gear and becareful.
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

+1 on the gear, heal up quick and get back out there
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Heal up....... I hope other riders "listen".
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Godspeed healing !!!

Comment

Dang. Sorry to hear man. Hope ur better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
            So as I am typing this I am laying in a hospital bed. Saturday morning I went and decided to do some running around and a 76 year old decided he would just back out his driveway wit even looking. Needlless to say I never say it coming. I actually still don't remember that morning. Luckily I had my gear on. I fractured my wrist in several different spots and had the skin on knee pulled back. I was less then a 1/2 mike from my house. So all u guys and girls out the wear ur gear and becareful.
            Sorry to hear about that.. But curious, if you were wearing proper gear, how did the skin on your knee pull back?
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Not to far from me up in MA. Glad to hear you'll recover and were wearing your gear.
              89 Katana 750
              06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

Glad you're (relatively) OK. Heal up quick.

Can't believe nobody else has asked. How's the bike???
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I had a jacket helmet and gloves on. I never owned riding pants. Next riding season if i get another bike I will be getting pants. My long time gf and family are pushing me to buy a hot rode instead of another bike( I have always wanted a 1950 Chevy hot rod pick up) I am talking to my jnsuance company about replacing the what I was wearing. Once I am out of the hospital/ physical therapy I will post pictures. The impound lot won't realize the bike to anyone other then me so it will be there for Atleast a week or two.
                  ----USMC combat vet----
                  07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Wear your gear, because you never know when it's going to happen
                    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

I hope you heal up fast, sorry to hear of your crash. + on wearing your gear all the time.
                      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

get well soon
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Hope you get better soon and there are no complications. Make sure the yard isn't charging you storage by the day, been there before!

Comment

It's VERY important to wear your gear. I will never forget the sound of my helmet scraping the road after I decided to crash on the Cherohala Skyway my first year at the Gap. I walked away with bumps and bruises and cosmetic damage on the Kat.

Some people hate wearing their gear on hot and humid days.....But it takes just that one moment like yours...

Here's to hoping you have a fast recovery. Hugs
                            KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X