X

how to wash mesh?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to wash mesh?

i have an xelement mesh jacket. people are saying to take the armor out and cold wash/delicate. then lay it out to air dry. only problem is the shoulder pads dont come off. any ideas? its getting smelly

Not supposed to machine wash. I use a wet wash rag every so often. Had this jacket for two years and doesn't smell. Been rained on, road water, snow and whatever else would get on it. Prob could soak in detergent water then air dry. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by uncltommy77 View Post
      Not supposed to machine wash. I use a wet wash rag every so often. Had this jacket for two years and doesn't smell. Been rained on, road water, snow and whatever else would get on it. Prob could soak in detergent water then air dry. Not sure.
      you use a rag on the inside too?
      and do you know any good sites that would sell under cowls? and other parts..ha

Comment

After a ride, hang it inside-out, outside to air overnight. That'll keep most smell out as the inner lining is designed to let air through.
        I wash the outside with a sponge. Once it gets wet the insect remains let loose pretty easy.
        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Go to the car wash and have a buddy spray you down??? Seriously, do what ever the tag says on the inside of the jacket...

Comment

Ride in the rain.

Or just read the label. More than likely the armor does come out but it's just not obvious how. Check the manufacturer's website.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

febreez.
              "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Never do inside. All my armour is removable. Mine don't get that dirty. What are you doing? Lol. Take everything out and soak in water air dry. Bout it. I like the car wash idea. Can I watch. Haha

Comment

I take the pads out of mine and wash it in the machine on gentle cycle. I find it humorous that the jackets which I count on to protect me if I go down at highway speeds need to be washed on the gentle cycle!

Comment

Remove all the armor. Machine wash on delicate no spin. Let it drip dry, or wait for a warm day and go for a ride.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You're suposed to wash them?

Comment

Sometimes the most tough and rugged needs a gentle touch.

Comment

thanks for the serious answers guys. my tag doesnt have washing directions so i wanted to see what works.

Comment

Working...
                          X