X

Decline of good business practices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decline of good business practices

I set on the ground looking at my freshly painted 2000 Katana 750 and it lush restored factory spec color. Hmmm, how can I ride that shinny thing with mirrors looking like that and those directional lenses and tail section lenses clouded and old looking. I know I will order some cool stuff online to go with that brand new paint job.

Well that is were the great idea stops and the adventure begins. Hey, that is the LED tail light unit with clear lens I wanted. Okay now it's time to order it. Since I use PayPal it's a snap with most of the places. Cool, I ordered it, paid and now to wait. Week later and the order still says processed. Okay so it's processed, that just means you have my money. How about shipping bro! A week later I send and email with the order number requesting and estimated shipping date. The reply "yep should ship Thursday". Yep, it's Thursday and no shipping notification.

So what do I do in the future to save me from this kind of bad business practice. Well first thing is not to get caught up in the cool stuff the site might have. Second find the location of this company and verify it through the IRS website. Every company in the U.S. has to have an FEIN number. So follow this link: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-...umbers-(EINs)- Plug your companies name in it and bam, they are good guys or bad guys. Next hit up the BBB "better business bureau http://www.bbb.org and you can see if there are problems. Most important they tell you in specific "company has shipping problems" ect.

If the company is out of country then make sure you use PayPal. They are great at disputes and will cover your butt. Keep in mind there are a lot of scams out of Indonesia "cheap fairings" If anyone has a question about a company being valid in Indonesia PM me. My girl is Indonesian and her family lives there still. They have checked companies out for me, even going to the physical place.

So it back to my perch with my binoculars and my trusty dog J.T. and try to spot that elusive UPS truck camouflaged in woodland brown, oh and the beer, don't forget the beer.........

Where did you order it from? You usually get what you pay for, service included.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not saying it's the case here but with drop shipment and things like that there are a lot of small businesses out there that are in way over their heads. Might take a bit longer then. But like you said, good thing you used PayPal, imo that usually is a pretty good sign the deal is safe. Maybe not fast but you're likely to get your product.
      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Takes me a while when ordering from china. 3 weeks on occasion. Sometimes the tracking info is a bit fuzzy sometimes too, seeming as if the package is not moving. Then all of the sudden it shows it is in my city. Not sure on how the tracking thing works "exactly" but i wonder if its one of those things that one or two individuals may get lazy on the updates or get super swamped and forget to scan.
        Anyhow, i usually give it a week over what is estimated, then flip out. thankfully i have not ran into any serious situations. Hope you get squared away!
        "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Working...
        X