Communications (headsets, etc)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communications (headsets, etc)

What do you use?

The wife and I just got the Scala Rider G4 Powerset (for snowmobiles, oddly enough), and it really makes the riding experience better. Now we can stop checking to make sure the other is still there when we ride together.

They are bluetooth to the smart-phone, have a 1600 meter (1mile) range, connect to MP# players, GPS, and up to 4 can talk. The speakers are slim discs that velcro into the helmet, and the mic on ours attaches to the velcro strip inside the chinbar of my helmet.

We felt our son was being left out, so we just picked up a headset for his 8th birthday in a couple weeks.

Graham

Currently use the Scala Q2 after wearing out my original Scala Teamset headset.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by gvodden View Post
      What do you use?
      Good Question....

I'm using a wired system i bought second hand and though it works ok is on the quiet side.Better for me since a got a better helmet (Quieter)

I was also looking as upgrading to a scala set for my and my pillion but not sure as what set to get..team set,Q4..etc etc...

So i will follow this with intrest....thanks!
      I'm outa here

Comment

[QUOTE=ManQu;2224982]
        I was also looking as upgrading to a scala set for my and my pillion but not sure as what set to get..team set,Q4..etc etc...

The G4 Powerset went on sale at our local shop because the G9 is out. If you only ride with 1-4 people, then the G4 is fine (4 connections). The G9 connects with more people (good for group riding).

They're not cheap, but deals can be found online.
        G

Comment

I have the Blinc M2 system and am quite happy with it. I haven't, however, tested it as a 2 way intercom.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

[quote=gvodden;2225446]
            Originally posted by ManQu View Post
            The G4 Powerset went on sale at our local shop because the G9 is out. If you only ride with 1-4 people, then the G4 is fine (4 connections). The G9 connects with more people (good for group riding).

They're not cheap, but deals can be found online.
            G
            i just saw that in a parts canada magazine today actually. might look into it for a christmas gift for myself

just wondering, but the headsets that they use, are they fairly simple to put in a full face helmet? and do they get in the way at all?
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
              just wondering, but the headsets that they use, are they fairly simple to put in a full face helmet? and do they get in the way at all?
              Just make sure your lid has room for the speakers around your ears. Otherwise they are pretty much unnoticeable.
              I am a Penn State fanatic.
              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
              X