X

HJC Helmet Screws Breaking (common?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HJC Helmet Screws Breaking (common?)

So I have been riding for about two months and have been using a HJC CL-15. Last week I noticed that one of the screws fell out. So when I went home I tried to snug up the rest and when doing so, I snapped one. Then I just finger tightened the rest of them to make sure I didn't snap any more. Well while I was out the other day I lifted up my mask and since once side was missing a screw (lost) the other screw couldn't handle the pressure and snapped. Since then I am left with one screw holding on one side and the other floating free. So for the time being I just ride without a mask and wear some glasses.

Is this common? Should I complain to HJC? How/where should I get new screws? I feel like this is a major design flaw. They come out so easily and you can't tighten them.
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F (I was 4 years old when it was made)

I have never had any issues with my or my wife's HJC. Never heard of it before either.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

That's a new one to me. I've never had a problem with my HJC, but you might want to go back to where you bought it and see if they can help.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I have a CL-15 mutant for my kid... no issues.
        good helmet
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

No problems with screws on my HJC CL-16. I got it new about 2 months ago.

I you got it from a shop then take it back and see if they can fix/replace it. If you got on-line then contact them.

These helmets are mass-produced and some come off the line bad. My wife Scorpion EXO had problems with it screws (which I understand is uncommon).
          '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Originally posted by Magruder13 View Post
            So I have been riding for about two months and have been using a HJC CL-15. Last week I noticed that one of the screws fell out. So when I went home I tried to snug up the rest and when doing so, I snapped one. Then I just finger tightened the rest of them to make sure I didn't snap any more. Well while I was out the other day I lifted up my mask and since once side was missing a screw (lost) the other screw couldn't handle the pressure and snapped. Since then I am left with one screw holding on one side and the other floating free. So for the time being I just ride without a mask and wear some glasses.

Is this common? Should I complain to HJC? How/where should I get new screws? I feel like this is a major design flaw. They come out so easily and you can't tighten them.

contact HJC.

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Definitely contact the manufacturer, when did you buy the helmet?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Swing by your local bike shop. They'll usually have a box of random helmet parts and may have a couple replacement screws for you.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X