X

In Need Of A Good Helmet For Less $$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Need Of A Good Helmet For Less $$$

I am a size large in helmets. Im looking for something nice but not to expensive. Some of the prices on these new helmets are ridiculous. If anyone has something even if used id be interested if the price is right thank you.

Skip the used helmets. Can't stress that enough. it doesn't take too much to compromise the foam lining that's providing the protection you need in an accident.

As for good helmets on a budget, check out the Scorpion EXO-400. They do run small so have someone measure your head, check their sizing chart and then order one size larger than they say you need. They put out a great product for the price and apparently their customer service is outstanding. I'm a Shoei guy but I put some serious thought into going with Scorpion after I bought one for my son.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Don't cheap on safety gear.
      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I wouldn't call a Scorpion EXO-400 going cheap. They're inexpensive but very well built.

The studies show that an inexpensive helmet protects just as well as an expensive one. The difference is comfort features. That's why I'm a huge fan of the Scorpions. they make a very nice helmet for the price range. I think they're an incredibly comfortable helmet for the price.

Just don't try to get massively cheap and buy used.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have an HJC, they are a bit heavier but price was good at $100 with a clear and chrome visor. I have no complaints.

Comment

Thanks for comments. Here in Michigan you dont have to wear a helmet. Im just wanting something that i could wear for trips. I like those scorpions they are a really nice helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane View Post
              Thanks for comments. Here in Michigan you dont have to wear a helmet. Im just wanting something that i could wear for trips. I like those scorpions they are a really nice helmet.
              I didnt even read that you were from MI, you are not too far from me

Comment

Just because they don't require the use of a helmet doesn't mean you are at less risk when you hit the ground of a brain injury.

Comment

Sure it does. They have much softer pavement in non-helmet law states.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Akathepriest View Post
                    Just because they don't require the use of a helmet doesn't mean you are at less risk when you hit the ground of a brain injury.
                    don't be a dumb azz!!! wear your helmet every time you ride. a full face helmet. all it takes to loose your teeth is to fall in a parking lot.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                      Sure it does. They have much softer pavement in non-helmet law states.

Get an HJC, good value.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I wouldn't call a Scorpion EXO-400 going cheap. They're inexpensive but very well built.
                        I wasn't calling the exo-400 cheap.. they are good lids.. the wife has a 400 and i have a new 500.

Just don't try to get massively cheap and buy used.
                        +10000
                        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Vega helmets are resonably priced...

I have an Icon mainframe and Kiwi K5 but prefer the VEGA Alutra Havoc that I usually wear. Super light, good ventalation, removable/washable dry wick liner, speaker ready ear pieces, tinted and colored visors available
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Check out the Scorpions or for a little less and HJC. If you can't spend $100 for a helmet then don't ride.
                            89 Katana 750
                            06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

Got a vega altitude n.i.b. for $70. So far loving it. Little wistle at speed though.
                              When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Working...
                              X