X

Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

Hey everyone,I'm a fairly new rider and I've noticed something. When I ride my hands get numb. Is it the way that I'm holding the handle bars or is it the vibration of the bike? I want to keep riding,since I'm just getting started,but I don't want this become a problem down the road. Finally,my question is,are there gloves out there that could possibly cut down on this problem. And if so,what brands and styles do you guys recommend. Thanks

It can be a common problem likely in part to two issues along with the vibes...one is that you simply grip too hard. Try to lighten up. The other is positioning. Your weight should be on your butt/seat and very little on your hands. Though if this is the case, your shoulders may have fatigue issues too....If it's positioning, you may need to look into some handle bar risers?
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
      It can be a common problem likely in part to two issues along with the vibes...one is that you simply grip too hard. Try to lighten up. The other is positioning. Your weight should be on your butt/seat and very little on your hands. Though if this is the case, your shoulders may have fatigue issues too....If it's positioning, you may need to look into some handle bar risers?
      Thanks,I'll have to pay attention to that the next time I'm riding

Comment

As mentioned before positioning can be a big part of it. If you ride with your weight on your wrists, especially with your wrists twisted back, it could be causing problems with circulation.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

different grips can help. gloves with gel in the palms can help. I use a cramp buster to rest my grip.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

There are a few different things that can help.

1. New grips. Some with gel in them might help a little bit.

2. Bar Ends. Sometimes people swap these out for aluminum ones, but these weigh less and do nothing to help with the vibrations. Get yourself a real set of bar ends.

3. Carb Sync. Most common time a bike is vibrating like that is because it needs the carbs synced. Youll notice a difference immediately.

Comment

I use my throttle lock for a minute to give my had a rest. I love it.
              2004 Honda ST1300
              1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

I added BB's to the inside of the bars, too. That helps with some of the vibes..

Comment

Also, don't wear gloves or watches that constrict you at the wrists, and make sure your wrists aren't bent down as you ride. It helps to take a hand off the bars occassionally before the problem develops.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                  X