X

Good Deal on eBay- SIDI Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Deal on eBay- SIDI Gloves

Found this on another forum I go to- I bought a pair for myself.
    From what Ive been hearing- Order 1 size bigger

They look nice, good price too.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

WOW, nice!!! May have to consider that.
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

hey guys, while on topic about gloves. As I'm a new rider, what length of gloves would you recommend? Not sure of the lingo here, but I see some that are at wrist level, some go over wrist, and some go past wrist and almost into forearm. Just looking on Amazon for some gloves I can get. So far I've got these 2 links:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/ICON-TWENTY-NINER-GLOVES-MEDIUM-BLACK/dp/B001EQOPXW/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334072804&sr= 1-3"]http://www.amazon.com/ICON-TWENTY-NINER-GLOVES-MEDIUM-BLACK/dp/B001EQOPXW/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334072804&sr= 1-3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Alpinestars-Carbon-Leather-Motorcycle-Gloves/dp/B006PHH4MO/ref=sr_1_152?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334074236&s r=1-152"]http://www.amazon.com/Alpinestars-Carbon-Leather-Motorcycle-Gloves/dp/B006PHH4MO/ref=sr_1_152?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334074236&s r=1-152[/ame]

Thoughts? Advice? Let me know what you guys suggest. TIA!
        - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Full gauntlets, the kind that go up to your forearms.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Scotty, I'll take those white and black ones.
            sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Full gauntlets, the kind that go up to your forearms.

+1
              in colder weather they prevent the air from going up your sleeve
              And IMO better to over lap
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                +1
                in colder weather they prevent the air from going up your sleeve
                And IMO better to over lap
                The wife borrowed my gauntlets. Now she's getting a new pair of gloves.
                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

ok so seems like you are all leaning towards the gauntlets. Which I also saw in the thread "show me your gloves" that a lot of people were posting gauntlet gloves. Even during the summer you guys still wear em? Just seems like those would be more of a winter glove to avoid the draft going up your sleeves. But I could also see them providing overall better protection of the unexpected.
                  - = Dane = -

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                    ok so seems like you are all leaning towards the gauntlets. Which I also saw in the thread "show me your gloves" that a lot of people were posting gauntlet gloves. Even during the summer you guys still wear em? Just seems like those would be more of a winter glove to avoid the draft going up your sleeves. But I could also see them providing overall better protection of the unexpected.
                    Exactly. They're really not as bad as you would think in warm weather. Not as good as you'd think in COLD weather. I feel MUCH better in them than a wrist length glove.
                    sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Yes- I would never wear a wrist length glove. Wrist is one of those joints that will scrape on the pavement until it hits bone. Get the full length.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                        Exactly. They're really not as bad as you would think in warm weather. Not as good as you'd think in COLD weather. I feel MUCH better in them than a wrist length glove.
                        Understood, looks like I'll be buying myself some gauntlets! Or at the least some gloves that cover my wrist.

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                        Yes- I would never wear a wrist length glove. Wrist is one of those joints that will scrape on the pavement until it hits bone. Get the full length.
                        Yeah, I could just imagine the wrath it would impose on that bone. ouch!

What do you guys think about these? Seems like they cover the wrist, but that's just on my "sight and knowledge". Thoughts?
                        [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B006PHH4MO/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive"]Amazon.com: Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Fiber Leather Motorcycle Gloves Black[/ame]

Last edited by DaneG320U545; 04-10-2012, 04:30 PM. Reason: learning the post of images
                        - = Dane = -

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                          Scotty, I'll take those white and black ones.
                          Black and white A* SP2. They're my everyday gloves, love em.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                            Understood, looks like I'll be buying myself some gauntlets! Or at the least some gloves that cover my wrist.

Yeah, I could just imagine the wrath it would impose on that bone. ouch!

What do you guys think about these? Seems like they cover the wrist, but that's just on my "sight and knowledge". Thoughts?
                            Amazon.com: Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Fiber Leather Motorcycle Gloves Black

The SMX2 is a mix glove. It is a short gauntlet and while better then a shortie you are best moving on and going with a different glove. Hell I would have no reservations about getting the sedici gloves from Cycle gear for normal street riding...so long as they were gauntlets.
                            Last edited by soulpatch; 04-10-2012, 08:51 PM.
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                            X