X

Pulled the trigger on a new modular helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the trigger on a new modular helmet

I have a DOT/SNELL-rated full-face Icon Domain Decay II that I ride with the majority of the time, but it's a pain to wear glasses/sunglasses inside of the helmet and I hate having to take the helmet off at fuel stops, so after years of watching the new modular helmets develop, I finally pulled the trigger on a new HJC Symax III:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWhLpCaY3Q"]HJC Symax 3 Modular Helmet Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube[/ame]

After research, it seemed to have the 'best of all worlds' in comparison to the other modulars; price, weight, features, etc. Believe me, I agonized over it for awhile as there are some really good modulars available.

I bought this for casual riding with my GF. On more spirited rides, I will still prefer the Icon's Superior full-face protection, but this one provides a more touring-friendly profile.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Looks like a nice lid. Mine is as modular as they come. Invisible, and open headed, even.

Congrats!
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

I think my next may be a modular
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
        I think my next may be a modular
        And how have you been, bro? Things are good, I hope.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
          Looks like a nice lid. Mine is as modular as they come. Invisible, and open headed, even.

Congrats!
          some might say thats a bit self destructive
          Jonny law says we must wear here and I couldnt imagine running on the super slab without one

Comment

Slick! Lids are addicting.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
              some might say thats a bit self destructive
              Jonny law says we must wear here and I couldnt imagine running on the super slab without one
              I have a really nice brain bucket. I even wear it sometimes. Like when it rains, when it's cold, and when I go out of state (when the next state requires it).
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

And how have you been, bro? Things are good, I hope.
                Things are good , getting some early rinding in
                Got to go see some guy with a knife , no riding for 6 or more weeks
                I dont care if winter comes back until the end of may

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  Slick! Lids are addicting.
                  Hey'a homie. How's things with you?
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Hey'a homie. How's things with you?
                    Pretty good..... I got all I wanted to do on the bike for Spring done while it was nice weather up here and rode for the last two weeks. Now it seems as if winter has come back. I bought gas for the mower and it was so freakin' cold I just gave up the thought .....but my intentions were good.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Looks like a similar design to the lid I have.

I love low speed riding with the open face (especially since I have a small deflector on my windscreen). I can usually ride up to 90km/h comfortably with jaw portion flipped up .

My helmet is suppose to have a UV a/b sun visor but I'm not 100% it cuts the glare like a good set of sunglasses.
                      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Yeah, I didn't like some of the earlier modulars as they mostly seemed like open-face helmets with a front. However, they have been maturing and I decided that a modular would be more convenient for days when I'm just doing casual touring.
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

After having several HJC helmets I have to say that they still have a lot to learn. I returned to Shoei and couldn't believe how much better their helmets are then any HJC product. HJC prices are great though!

Comment

I have an HJC IS-16 with the tinted visor inside. It's great and I don't think I could own another helmet that doesn't it. I agree that sunglasses are a pain when it comes to wearing them in a helmet.
                            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Does this mean you're actually going to do some riding this year?
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet
                              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                              X