Which boots would you get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which boots would you get?

I've narrowed my selection to these two boots:

Which do you think are better? Any suggestions? They are both $129. The first one is made by under the supervision of Sidi and I am unfamiliar with the second one. Does anyone own either of these?
    Thanks in advance!
    Watch out for those BUICKS!

Or these:

All three seen very similar so I guess crash protection is the deciding factor since I can't actually try them on to determine the most comfortable one.

So which one do you think offers the best protection?
    Watch out for those BUICKS!

Comment

A guy in my local club wears the setup boots like that. He seems to really like them and they've held up good for him over the last year. I believe he got his off new enough but I cant remember.

Comment

The Gaerne or Oxtars LOOKS like they'd be more comfortable to me . More stretch panels and softer uppers and all that , but still good protection where it's needed . But I'd imagine you can't go wrong with ANY of them .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Oxtars....heard nothing but good things about them

Comment

Gaerne has been making boots for eons...
            Motorcycleist gave the Setup a good review
            esp. given the price.. $129 is retail..

Ive been thinking about the Setups too..
            My Prexports are showing age..
            (11 years)

Comment

I was thinking about the Setups also until I read that they aren't real leather...it's all faux leather...now I know that for 129.00 you can't expect much but if I read the specs on that boot right it's all plastic...I'd spend the extra money to get the leather product...I think more durable...just my .02...and I might be wrong
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The Setups are manufactured supervised by SIDI. So I guess motonaton wouldn't put out crap. right?
                Kat78

Comment

I think the setups also tend to run alittle on the narrow side too so keep that in mind..

Comment

Originally posted by kat78
                    The Setups are manufactured supervised by SIDI. So I guess motonaton wouldn't put out crap. right?
                    I agree Sidi wouldn't allow it...but I still like leather instead of faux leather...but it's a personal preference...still a nice looking boot...[/list]
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The Setup is made by SIDI. So you can not go wrong. You can not go wrong with Oxtar either. Jake Zemke where's them. I think they are actually made by Joe Rocket, just a cheaper version of the Joe Rockets. I would go with the Setup though. I would just spend the money on SIDI'd and be done with it.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I agree. I will be buying the setups as secondary boots for the cruise downtown on Friday & Saturday nights. I am saving up for the SIDI's or supertech by alpinestars because fractured ankles sucks as I have found out.
                        Kat78

Comment

From what I have researched the Oxtar provides the most protection especially the Evo. The Setup boots are nice, but they do not seem to protect against twisting as much as the Oxtars. Oxtars are built like ski boots wth interlocking plates that limits the movement of your foot.

Comment

I just ordered the Gaerne boots from NewEnough. Sounds like a good deal on clearance for $119. I will post up when I get them.

Comment

The Gaerne boots get my vote .... made from "real" leather so when they break in I am sure they will be very comfortable.

My money will be spent on Sidi though .... they are the best out there.
                              Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

Working...
                              X