X

Shoei Qwest Helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoei Qwest Helmet

Hi. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Shoei Qwest helmet and just thought I'd see if anyone owns one and has had any problems.

This would be my 1st Shoei, currently running Bell both street and dirt.

Thanks Richard
    96 Suzuki GSX750F
    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
    05 Yamaha WR450F
    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

I've never heard of the Qwest, but my RF1k is worth every penny.

First Shoei? You have tried one on locally to make sure its the right shape for your head right?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      I've never heard of the Qwest, but my RF1k is worth every penny.

First Shoei? You have tried one on locally to make sure its the right shape for your head right?
      +1 on that. Shoei's fit a little differently than all the rest.
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes Just got back from the local cycle gear they didn't have the graphic I was looking for but was able to try on several of the Qwests and found XL was what I need. Glad I did has would have assumed I needed the XXL that I wear in a Bell.

Richard
        96 Suzuki GSX750F
        05 Yamaha WR450F
        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Ok good, shoeis are an interesting shape, I would have no worries about ordering one then
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I love my RF-1100 and was pretty fond of my RF-1000 and even my first Shoei, an RF-200. The Qwest looks to me like a budget model but as long as your head fits well in a Shoei I'd say go for it. Be sure that any helmet you buy fits snugly enough that you can shake your head around without the helmet moving. That's the proper size. Then see if it produces any specific spots on your head where you can feel distinct pressure. (Hot-Spots) If there are any of those then you want to look at other brands. A hot spot will turn into a brain ache after a couple of hours, everytime.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Looks like the "Qwest" is a TZX - Shoei's slightly budget sport touring helmet. I have had one for a few months - a TZX Sprite. It's a great fit and of reasonable quality - and the only Shoei that fits my melon - but although they advertise it as being quiet, it is generally noisier than my HJC and Shark, and whistles like crazy with the visor up at commuting speeds. Perhaps it's partly due to the extra clearance around the ears for fitment of ear-phones??? It's the only helmet of 3 I've had that leaves my ears ringing after a day in the saddle. I now wear ear plugs when touring.

+1 re those "hot-spots" - my Shark is a gorgeous helmet and gets comments every time I wear it, but the slightest sensation of pressure that is nothing for the first 30 minutes becomes excruciating after the first 2 hours, and then means I have to break every hour after that. It has become my clean, non-smelly, short-blast evening helmet only.

Comment

Well the qwest is on its way. I'm pretty sure the XL will work but I'm getting it from Cycle gear which allows for a 7 day rite of exchange so once I get it I'll have a few days to play with it, and double check the fit and check for hot spots.

I understand the qwest is one of their less expensive models and I've never been one to skimp on safety gear. Its a far cry better then the vast amounts of $79-$99 helmets on the road, and according to shoei they use 5 different shells to cover the size range, not the 2 or maybe 3 other manufactures use.

I have to admit that the looks of the overt graphics had much to due with my choice. the Hi-viz yellow over the black, really stood out.

Richard
                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                05 Yamaha WR450F
                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

I bought the Strife 2 a couple of summers ago. It was a big decision never having spent over $225 on a helmet before. It was $385 online. I still wear it, it looks like it did the day I got it, it fits well, it is quiet, and most of all, it is groovy. I have no regrets.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

When I do helmet research, I look to what web bike world has to say on it. They have a decent review on the Qwest http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm
                    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

The qwest has a more round oval helmet shape. The RF1100 is more elongated oval. So make sure you try both on. The qwest doesnt have nearly the ventilation of the RF1100. I work at a dealership and i try on pretty much every helmet taht we get in. The qwest puts pressure on my forhead where the rf1100 does not. The qwest is noiser IMO also. I Personally run an RF1100 and couldnt be happier. My dirt is a vfxw

Comment

Originally posted by kat_pilot750 View Post
                        When I do helmet research, I look to what web bike world has to say on it. They have a decent review on the Qwest http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm

Thanks nice site, if its as good as they say I should be happy.

Richard
                        96 Suzuki GSX750F
                        05 Yamaha WR450F
                        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X