X

Jacket question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacket question

Ok guys with the cooler weather coming up looking to get a jacket. Was wanting different suggestions. Should I go With a leather jacket, or a multi purpose jacket with a removal liner. Let me know what u guys think.

leather is definately colder than mesh / textile. But you can fix some of that. I wear merino wool pants and long sleeve under the leather. and when the weather gets cooler I add a tshirt too on top of that. cant say I am cold.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

How about a touring jacket? I think Fieldsheer is supposed to make some nice ones.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        How about a touring jacket? I think Fieldsheer is supposed to make some nice ones.
        I've gone this direction this year and in anything but sunny weather I have been wearing the touring jacket. It's great in the cold and rain with and without the liner. If you get the right one they should have lots of venting too for when it is a little warmer.

Comment

I picked up this jacket (Joe Rocket Atomic Red 4.0) back in August when I bought my bike and got a chance to try it out in colder weather yesterday. It's not that bad once I put in the liner. I'm not sure what temperatures you are referring to, but it was about 48 degrees when I was out riding. My neck got a little cold, but I don't think I had the top snaps buttoned, so that could have contributed to that issue.

I've used it when it's been hot out too and with all the vents opened it's not that bad when you're moving. But keep in mind, this is my first jacket purchase, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

But my hands were freezing even though I was wearing my gloves!

Comment

I'm guessing you are in Ft Worth, TX, so rain may not be an issue, but textile still has a lot going for it. In the dry, warmth wise, there isn't much difference, but in the wet, a good waterproof textile jacket will keep you much drier, and hence much warmer. The textile will also dry much quicker.

The biggest trick with any gear in the cold is going to be layering. You want to make sure you stay warm, but don't sweat. If you start sweating, that will in turn make you cold. I'm a fan of wool, because it retains it's insulating properties even when wet.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ditto on the rain comments...I have both a textile and a leather. There is nothing worse, or colder, than a wet leather jacket.

Comment

Working...
              X